Get ready for fall baking with my easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe!
September seems like one big blur. We haven't had much cooler weather yet, so it's really just been one long addition to summer with the long, hot August days rolling into one more month. Y'all know I know summer, so I'm not complaining BUT it does finally feel like the time to embrace the new season. I know crisp mornings and fall color is just around the corner. And fall just happens to be a magical time to live in the mountains of western North Carolina.
Since October starts tomorrow I decided it was time to start rolling out some new fall-ish recipes for you to try. First up is a new muffin that is tasty, healthy and simple to make! My easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe is even just sweet enough with no added refined sugar.
Why You'll Love This Easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe...
This naturally sweetened muffin starts with fresh, mashed sweet potato. I just quickly make mine in the microwave but if you like to make your spuds in the oven, that works too! I put my microwave instructions in the recipe card below.
The mashed sweet potato comes together with eggs, flour, applesauce, honey, almond milk, and a few other goodies to create the most tender muffin. I even added a double dose of cinnamon for extra flavor.
Sure you could make these without the chocolate chips... but If I'm going to bake I like to go all in!
I added mini dark chocolate chips for lots of flavor. Just be sure to save a few to sprinkle on the top so this easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe looks pretty.
And aren't they pretty???
What's in this Easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe?
This recipe is made with lots of baking staples you probably already have!
- Mashed Sweet Potato
- Almond Milk
- Butter <--- if you don't like butter you can use coconut oil!
- White Wheat Flour
- Baking Soda
I like using White Wheat Flour for these muffins because it tastes milder than traditional whole wheat flour but still has some of the health benefits! You can sub whole wheat or white flour if you'd like.
How to make my Easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe...
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add in the dry ingredients.
- Carefully fold in the chips.
- Scoop the batter into a muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes!
I like to use this muffin pan so they are less sticky!
These Sweet Potato Muffins are easy to make, super tasty and just healthy enough! I hope you love them as much as we do.
Also try these healthy muffin recipes...
- Healthy Honey Cinnamon Banana Bread Muffins
- 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Carrot Cake Muffins
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Muffin Cups
- Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
Pin for later...
Easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe
- 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup honey, can sub maple syrup
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, can sub coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup mini dark chocolate chips, plus extra for topping!
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 muffins tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the sweet potato, eggs, apple sauce, honey, almond milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into the muffins tins and top with a few extra chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean!
Is it fall-ish where you live yet?