Pistachios make a perfect crust for this simple oven baked fish! In fact my Pistachio Crusted Salmon recipe might just end up being your new favorite way to cook fish.
Hi friends! Oh happy Tuesday!
I’ve got something yummy for you guys today. It involves a unique twist on salmon… something I hope is new to you!
Pistachio Crusted Salmon!
I love pistachios! They have such a yummy and unique taste. I even read they are the nut you will hear more about in 2015.
Move over almond, the pistachio is in town!
I got these pistachio “nut meats” from Trader Joes. To make the Pistachio Crusted Salmon, I start by smashing my nuts into slightly smaller pieces. You don’t want to obliterate them in a processor, just break them down a little.
Bad day at work? Come home and smash these nuts! 🙂
You prepare the salmon by squeezing 1/2 lemon for every two pieces of fish and seasoning with salt and pepper on both sides.
You then put about a teaspoon of yummy grainy mustard on top. You want a thin and even layer because the nut mixture is going to stick to this.
You then make a mixtures of panko, Parmesan and a healthy serving of pistachios!
You turn your piece of salmon flesh side down into the pistachios and press well.
Flip the fish back over and look what you have…
Pistachio crusted salmon perfection!
Serve with a simple side and you have a meal quick enough for a weeknight, but fancy enough for a dinner party!
Oh and do you like the look of those potatoes??? They are my duh… duh… duh…
FAMOUS Garlic and Herb Roasted Baby Red Potatoes.
And the recipe is coming up on Thursday.
Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- 4 pieces salmon, about 6 ounces
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1/4 salted pistachios, shelled
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over both sides of the salmon and salt and pepper both sides of the fish.
- Evenly spread one teaspoon of mustard on each piece of fish.
- Put the pistachios in a zipper bag and hit with the back of a measuring cup. You want to slightly break up the pieces, not turn them into dust.
- Combine the broken pistachios, panko and parmesan and pour on a shallow plate large enough to dip the fish in.
- Put the fish mustard side down into the pistachio mixture and press firmly to get the crust to stick. Make sure to get al of the corners!
- Turn fish back over and place into the baking pan.
- Put in oven for 20-25 minutes or just until fish is flaky.
Want more salmon recipes?
Have a happy, wunderful, glorious day my friends!
I’m linking up today with Lean Lena for Tasty Tuesday, Annmarie for Foodie Friday and the Weekend Potluck. I’m also sharing this post with #FoodieFriDIY with A Dish of Daily Life. for the link up parties!
How is your week?
Do you like pistachios?