This Oven Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms recipe comes together in less than 20 minutes and is a healthy, vegan, vegetarian, low carb, low calorie, and paleo side dish. Seasoned simply with olive oil and garlic powder these roasted vegetables are the perfect addition to a weekday meal.
Oven Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms
I love roasting vegetables. Putting them in the oven on high heat really brings out the flavors and makes them pop. It can turn something kind of bland into something you can't to eat an entire bowl of. We eat some sort of roasted vegetable at least a few times a week. My Oven Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms are on the list often because it combines two foods both the Hubs and I love... Broccoli AND mushrooms!
This surprising combination of flavors tastes and looks fancy but is an easy way to enjoy several more servings of fresh veggies in a day.
Why You'll Love this Broccoli and Mushrooms...
The humble broccoli and mushroom aren't flashy or exotic but it's their familiarity that makes this dish so delicious. The combination of these two savory vegetables is totally elevated when you roast them together.
Broccoli might seem common, but it's still a nutritional powerhouse with vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. It's high in vitamin C, A, K, B9 and potassium among others.
Mushrooms may not be colorful like many veggies but they are still really good for you! They are satisfying low calorie food that is high in vitamins and antioxidants. Some research shows eating them can help reduce your blood pressure and boost your immune system.
Because of all this, Broccoli and Mushrooms are actually a great combination of veggies for your next side dish.
Ingredients in the Oven Roasted Brcocoli and Mushrooms:
This recipe for Oven Roasted Brcooli and Mushrooms is fabulous because it's only FOUR ingredients!
- Broccoli: Classic broccoli florets work perfectly for this recipe. Buy a bag of the pre-cut broccoli or an entire head and cut it up yourself. Just make sure your florets are about the same size and not too large so they cook evenly.
- Mushrooms: I think this recipe works best with the mini-porobello mushrooms. Depending on how large they are, you will need to cut them in half or quarters. You want them to be about the same size as the broccoli florets.
- Olive Oil: A nice olive oil gives the veggies just enough moisture to roast well. You can also use an olive oil spray.
- Garlic Powder or Garlic Salt: Garlic Salt is the perfect seasoning to use for these roasted veggies because it really brings out the flavor in a simple way. If you are watching your salt intake or are sensitive to it, consider using garlic powder instead.
- Salt & Pepper
Other Additions to the Recipe:
I like to keep my roasted vegetables simple, but here are a few things you could add to jazz it up.
- Italian Seasoning
- Herbs de Provence
- No Salt Seasoning like Dash
How to Roast Broccoli and Mushrooms:
Here's a taste of the directions on who to roast broccoli and mushrooms. See below for the full recipe.
- Cut the broccoli and mushrooms into even size peices.
- Toss the broccoli and mushrooms with the olive oil, garlic salt and salt and pepper to taste.
- To save time line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put on a sheet pan and roast for 15-20 minutes.
What temp to roast broccoli and mushrooms?
I like to roast my broccoli and mushrooms to 400 degrees.
Here's what they look like before and after!
What Do I Serve with the Roasted Vegetables?
This is such a versatile side dish that would go well with so many things. Here are few ideas.
- Grilled Lemon Shrimp
- Easy Lemon Pesto Salmon
- Balsamic Glazed Salmon
- Fresh White Bean Salad
- Foil Packet White Fish
These veggies would also be the perfect start to a Roasted Broccoli and Mushroom Grain Bowls. Just add these roasted veggies to a base of grains like quinoa or farro, add some greens, avocado and my Lemon Tahini Dressing for an irresistible meal idea.
If you are looking for a new, easy, and simple side dish to try... this Oven Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms is it! This unique combination of roasted vegetables is easy to love by everyone in your family.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
More Roasted Vegetables to Love:
- Lemon Parmesan Roasted Brcooli
- Simply Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- Roasted Rosemary Delicata Squash
- Roasted Mini Red Potatoes
- 5 Ingredient Roasted Asian Green Beans
- Roasted Butternut Squash
Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper or to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray it with cooking spray.
- Toss your broccoli and mushrooms with the olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Put the mixture on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and browned.
- Serve immediately as a side dish.
Pin for later!