Cooking fish can be fast, easy and healthy with my Foil Packet Fish!
I don’t know about you, but I need food to make fast. I love a long drawn out fancy meal as much as the next person, but during the week dinner needs to be quick and easy.
Bonus points if it has easy clean up and includes protein and vegetables in one pot or container.
This recipe fulfills all of those requirements and it super veritable. Use your favorite kind of white firm fish. I had a couple pieces of Sea Bass, but Halibut or Cod will work fine. Look for something that is 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
Since we are cooking the vegetables and herbs in the foil packet you want a thicker piece of fish that will take a slightly longer time to cook. If you used a really thin fish like a tilapia the fish would be done before the vegetables.
You wrap it all up in foil and put in the oven for about 25 minutes. Since everything is being cooked in the foil, clean up is a cinch.
I even serve the dinner in the foil so all the juices will stay in place.
So tasty and tender! It looks so pretty you could even serve this to company. Don’t worry I will not tell them that it took you less than a half hour to make!
- 4 6-8 ounce pieces of dense white fish like halibut, cod or sea bass.
- 2 small summer squash cut in thin half moons
- 1/2 bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano 1 1/2 teaspoons dried
- 4 springs fresh rosemary 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine optional
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay out 4 large sheets, approximately 18 inches each, of heavy duty foil. Also cover a cookie sheet in foil.
- Place one piece of fish in the center of each piece of foil.
- Squeeze the lemon equally across all four pieces of fish.
- Use half the salt and pepper to season each piece of fish on both sides.
- Divide the butter in half and place the small portion on top of each piece of fish.
- Pile the vegetables and herbs on top of the fish.
- Season the vegetables with the remaining salt, pepper and butter.
- Start folding the foil and carefully pour a quarter of the wine on top of each packet.
- Finish folding the packet by bringing the middle together and folding over the ends. You want it to be completely sealed so all the flavors stay inside the packet.
- Place the packets on the foil lined cookie sheet.
- Cook in oven for 20-25 minutes until fish flakes with fork.
What do you look for in easy dinners?