Baby red potatoes are so tender and delicious! I love to roast them under high heat and toss them with garlic and herbs to create my famous oven roasted baby red potatoes with herbs and garlic.
I make a lot of dishes routinely, but this one is a favorite. This is one that I make over and over and I dare say it is famous in my family. These oven roasted baby red potatoes with herbs and garlic are simply perfection.
Don’t ya just want to grab the one off the top?Crispy Herb & Garlic Roasted Red Baby Potatoes
Oven Roasted Baby Red Potatoes
Whenever we are cooking a nice fish dish on the weekend or company is coming over, I’ll pull this one out. It’s one of those tried, true and well-loved dishes. It’s simple, but that’s where the joy comes. It’s easy to prepare and nearly everyone loves it. It the definition of a crowd pleaser.
You could do this recipe with any size red potatoes and cut them down, but occasionally I will find a bag that looks like this at the store… tiny baby red potatoes in all their petite glory!
When you cut them in half, they are about the size of quarter round.
A simple toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and my own fabulous spiced blend and you are ready. I roast mine at a high temperature so they cook quickly and get that perfect char on the skins. It’s really the only way to get them crispy… plus it doesn’t take as long to cook this way!
These oven roasted baby red potatoes are little bites of carb-y heaven! I seriously don’t know why the spud gets a bad rep… because these are incredible.
Potatoes are low-calorie, full of potassium, vitamin C AND a good source of vitamin B6… so you can enjoy these knowing good stuff is going in your body.
I hope you enjoy this family recipe! As always, I’d love to hear what you think.
- 1 pound baby red potatoes cut in half (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- cooking spray
- garnish: fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray
- Toss the potatoes, olive oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Make sure all of the potatoes are covered well.
- Pour on to cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
I used very small baby red potatoes. When you cut them in half they are about the size of a quarter round. If your potatoes are larger, you might want to quarter them.
Love the spud? Also try these recipes…
- 5 Ingredient Crock Pot Rosemary Lemon Red Potatoes
- Crock Pot Loaded Mashed Potatoes
- Healthy Twice Baked Potatoes
Like this recipe? Pin this to your favorite Pinterest board!
Do you have any famous recipes?
My other family favorite is my vegetarian chili! I even won a cook-off with it.