Asparagus is simple and easy to sauté on the stove! My version brings out the natural flavor with Rosemary and Lemon. I hope you enjoy this Lemon Rosemary Asparagus as much as I do!
Happy Thursday again!
How has your short week been?
Today I’m sharing with you one of my go-to side dishes. You know the type that is so good you make it over and over again.
My Rosemary Asparagus with a hint of lemon is that dish for me.
Although it seems most festive and appropriate in spring and summer, I really make it year-round.
I start with beautiful fresh asparagus and rosemary from my garden.
I try to find the thinner asparagus because I think it tastes and looks better.
Next I heat up a pan to medium heat. I add the olive oil, rosemary and asparagus to the pan. I stir mine well and put a lid on it to get some steam action.
In the last minute of cooking, I make a hole for the garlic and quickly sauté it. I then stir it all together and allow the flavors to infuse.
That is my little trick to make sure you don’t scorch the garlic.
The finished product is so flavorful and easy!
Lemon Rosemary Asparagus
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, 1 pound, woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced rosemary, approx. 6 inch sprig
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 cloves
- 1 small lemon, squeezed (or half of a large one)
- garnish: lemon slices and rosemary sprig
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan (with a cover) and heat to medium heat.
- Add the asparagus, rosemary, salt and pepper to the pan and sauté.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 6-7 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Remove lid and stir occasionally.
- Make a hole in the middle of the pan and add the garlic. Sauté until just starting to become fragrant (about 20 seconds.) Reduce heat to low and mix together the garlic and asparagus and squeeze the lemon over the dish. Cook for an additional minute or until desired crispness. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Garnish with addition lemon and rosemary. Serve immediately.
Have a bright and beautiful day friends!
I hope you will come back again tomorrow. It's the end of the month and I'm sharing my monthly update. Despite some challenges, May has been a really good one for me!
What is a side dish you always make?
Asparagus- crispy or well cooked?