Tender asparagus is tossed in a bright vinaigrette and topped with parmesan cheese! Serve my asparagus salad as a side dish for any meal.
I know… Thanksgiving is next week. I should be writing about all things butter and turkey.
I have had some good Thanksgiving posts with a vegetarian, crock pot or healthy twist.
But I know myself and I know I will need a break from all of that comfort food. This asparagus salad fits the bill perfectly. Pin this and refer to it when you just can not handle the thought of eating stuffing again.
To make this delicious asparagus salad, you quickly blanch the greens.
Next you whisk together a sweet and savory dressing.
Mix it all together and you have a simple side dish for lunch or dinner.
Your stomach will thank you.
I’ll be back to regularly scheduled Thanksgiving food tomorrow.
- 2 packages thin asparagus
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Prepare a second bowl with ice water.
- While you are waiting on the boil, snap the woody ends off the bottom of the asparagus.
- Blanch the asparagus by submerging it in the boiling water for 30 seconds. Quickly remove and put asparagus in an ice bath to prevent overcooking.
- Cut the asparagus into 3 inch long pieces.
- Make the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Toss the asparagus in the dressing and parmesan cheese.
How many days can you eat Thanksgiving leftovers before all you want is salad.
Are you getting excited about the holidays?