Need a vegetarian dinner idea? My Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are nothing short of dreamy!
We are big mushroom fans in our house. The Hubs loves them so I know he'll be a fan of any vegetarian dish featuring them. Because of that, some sort of stuffed mushroom is on our menu frequently. We love these Lightened Up Four Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms, Caprese Stuffed Mushrooms and Taco Stuffed Mushrooms for fast and simple dinners.
I wanted to mix up our rotation AND I had a bunch of leftover goat cheese... so that's where this delicious creating was born. These Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms were an experiment that totally worked, so I had to share it with you!
Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are the perfect dinner!
There is something very satisfying about serving a big, hearty and meaty portobello mushroom. It feels important enough for meat eaters as a main course and vegetarians usually love it too. These particular mushrooms are super delicious because they are filled with a creamy combination of goat cheese and cream cheese. I like to use reduced fat cream cheese in this because I don't think it takes away any flavor, but use whichever you are more comfortable with. The flavor is incredible and so rich either way.
To add some extra nutrition I put an entire cup of chopped spinach in the mix. I love the color and health benefits it adds to the dish!
The wild card here is the totally addictive balsamic glaze on the top. The rich flavor is just what these mushrooms need to be an over the top vegetarian dinner idea.
What's great about this meal is you can either bake these babies in the oven OR grill them outside in the summer.
Ingredients in Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
These Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are so easy to make and use just FIVE ingredients.
- Portobello Mushroom Caps
- Goat Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Fresh Spinach
- Balsamic Glaze
How to make Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms...
- Clean the mushrooms.
- Blend the goat cheese and cream cheese together.
- Fold in the chopped fresh spinach.
- Stuff the mushrooms.
- Bake or Grill
- Drizzle with the glaze!
These super simple stuffed mushrooms are sure to please even the pickiest meat eater into trying a vegetarian meal! Give them a try and let me know what you think.
Love mushrooms? Try these too!
- Caprese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Lightened-Up Four Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
- Taco Stuffed Mushrooms
- The Best Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- Tomato, Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Pin for later...
Spinach and Goat Cheese Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ¼ cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven or grill to 425 degrees.
- Clean the mushrooms by carefully removing the stem and scraping the brown gills out with a spoon. Wipe clean with a towel.
- In a food processor blend together the cream cheese and goat cheese. Stir in the chopped spinach.
- Carefully stuff the mushrooms with the cheese and spinach mixture.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the cheese melts. Cooking time may vary due to the size of your mushrooms.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
Do you like stuffed mushrooms?