Mix up your side dishes with my crazy addictive Curry Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
Hi, happy healthy friends!
I had some cauliflower left over after using it for a prop in another post. I try to be really food waste-conscious, and make sure the Hubs and I eat every I buy for the blog, so I decided to brainstorm cauliflower ideas.
I’ve been wanting to make my own cauliflower pizza crust and “rice”, but I wasn’t feeling ambitious enough to make it happen.
So I decided to mix up the spices on a simple roasted cauliflower and add some Indian flavor. The result is this Curry Roasted Cauliflower and it is crazy addictive.
I set this dish on the table for the Hubs and I to try the night I made it, alongside our real meal. It was a “bonus” per-say and my thought process was we’d just try it and reheat it as a side dish later in the week. I had made a LOT of food that day.
So, I had one piece, loved it and went onto the eating my real dinner.
I didn’t fill the Hubs in on my little “plan” to eat this later in the week, and a few minutes later I look down and 3/4 of the plate is gone! The Hubs could NOT stop eating it. So once I figured we weren’t going to have it for leftovers, I helped him finish it off.
This stuff is so addictive we ate the entire head of cauliflower in one sitting.
You’ve been warned! Only set out what you actually want to eat or it’s all over. This just might be your new favorite way to eat cauliflower.
Pin for later!
Roasted Curry Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets or 2 pounds of pre-cut cauliflower florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- cooking spray
- garnish: cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In the bottom of a large zip lock bag or bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon, curry powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add the cauliflower florets on top and mix until well coated. You can allow it to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour, but it is not required.
- Pour cauliflower onto the baking sheet, making sure all the liquid is on the vegetables.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes or until crispy and tender.
What is the most addictive food you’ve ever made?