This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is a healthy fun vegetarian twist on the classic buffalo chicken dip. It uses roasted cauliflower instead of chicken, making it the perfect vegetarian dip for game day! If you are looking for a Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip, this rich and creamy appetizer is it!
Also, try my Buffalo Shrimp Dip, Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower, or Buffalo Hummus.
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip - A Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip
My Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is a vegetarian twist on classic buffalo chicken dip. It uses roasted cauliflower instead of chicken, for a hearty swap on this classic and beloved appetizer dip. This meat-free dip is cheesy, creamy, and totally addictive!
I adore this Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip for game day including football games and the Super Bowl, but it's fabulous served anytime you need a tasty dip. It's even a great addition to a holiday appetizer menu. This crazy good recipe is so good, you can serve it any time.
This recipe comes together with easy ingredients like roasted cauliflower, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, greek yogurt, crumbled blue cheese, and Frank's Hot Sauce. You can make it a bit healthier with reduced-fat cheese and greek yogurt or make it more indulgent with full-fat cheese and sour cream. Either way, it's popping with that beloved buffalo flavor.
What is Cauliflower Buffalo Dip?
This Cauliflower Buffalo Dip is a fun twist on classic Buffalo Chicken Dip. The simple swap of trading the chicken for roasted cauliflower makes this the perfect Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip. The hearty cauliflower gives the cheesy dip texture so it's still rich, thick, and filling. I promise you will not miss the meat!
Why You'll Love This Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip...
- This Buffalo Cauliflower Dip is quick to assemble. It only takes around 10 minutes of prep time... the rest of the cooking time is hands-off in the oven.
- If you love Buffalo Chicken Dip but don't want to eat meat, this is your Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip alternative. The cauliflower gives the dish substance without needing the meat.
- It has healthy roasted cauliflower! Can you think of a more delicious way to get in a serving of vegetables?
- Just a few easy-to-find ingredients.
- FRANK's HOT SAUCE!
- You can assemble it ahead of time and bake it right before serving.
- It's SOOOOOOO good. Seriously SO GOOD.
Here's an overview of what you'll need to make the Buffalo Cauliflower Dip. Keep scrolling for the full recipe amounts.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is the perfect substitute for chicken in this dip. Cauliflower transforms the dip into a vegetarian buffalo chicken dip dish, without sacrificing flavor. Plus cauliflower is a nutritional powerhouse featuring fiber, choline, vitamin C, and vitamin A.
- Olive oil: You'll need some nice olive oil for roasting the cauliflower. I like this one.
- Salt and pepper: Salt and pepper the cauliflower to taste before roasting.
- Cream cheese: Use reduced-fat cream cheese for a healthier option. You can also make this more indulgent by using full-fat cream cheese. Pick whichever matches your diet better.
- Mozzarella cheese: Use reduced-fat cream mozzarella for a healthier option. You can also use whole milk cheese for a richer dip. Cheddar cheese also works.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt helps to lighten up the dip, and add in some extra protein. I use this instead of sour cream.
- Frank's Hot sauce: Add as much or as little as you'd like. I recommend giving the dip a taste, as you are preparing it, to see if you need more/less hot sauce. Frank's Hot Sauce gives the dip that classic Buffalo Chicken Dip flavor you are craving. You can also use buffalo sauce if that's what you have.
- Green onions: Adds the perfect amount of mild flavor to the dip.
- Blue cheese: A must-have garnish for buffalo dip! Is it really buffalo dip without blue cheese?
- Garnish: Extra blue cheese and green onions
- Celery Sticks
- Tortilla Chips
- Potato Chips
- Pita Bread
- Pita Chips
- Sliced Baguettes
My Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe takes a couple of easy steps to make. Here are some step-by-step instructions, but keep reading for the printable recipe.
To Roast the Cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- The first step is roasting the cauliflower. You'll want to break the head up into small enough florets that will fit on chips. If you buy one of those bags of pre-cut cauliflower florets you will need to break it up further into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss the cauliflower in olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower on a sheet pan for 15-20 minutes until fork tender. It will continue to cook in the casserole dish, so it's ok if it still has a little bite. The cauliflower takes the place of the chicken in the classic dip.
To Mix the Dip:
- Spray a 9x9 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Next, you'll mix the Buffalo Cauliflower Dip. Start by using a mixer to blend the cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. I lightened my version up by subbing greek yogurt for part of the cheese. Add the greek yogurt next.
- Add Frank's hot sauce to the mix. You can add as little or as much as you'd like. The ¾ cup in the recipe is hot enough for flavor but not enough to burn your mouth for the rest of the night. BUT hot food is super subjective so if you are sensitive to heat, start with a little less and you can always add more. Just test it in the mixer. This gives the dish that classic buffalo flavor.
- The last step in my Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is folding in green onions, blue cheese, and your roasted cauliflower florets. Do this by hand so you don't destroy the chunks.
- Put the cheese mixture into your baking dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until melted. To get a golden color on top, turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end of cooking. Just watch it carefully so it doesn't burn.
- Garnish with the rest of the blue cheese and green onions.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dippers.
I love this Buffalo Cauliflower or Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe as written, but here are some delicious variations.
- Make it Vegan: Use dairy-free cream cheese, shredded cheese, and greek yogurt.
- Make it Spicy: Add more Frank's Hot Sauce.
- Make it Healthier: Add some chopped spinach to the mix.
How do I store leftovers?
This cauliflower buffalo dip will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container.
Does buffalo dip reheat well?
The dip is best served fresh! It tastes the best right out of the oven. But if you must reheat it, you can do so by placing small portions in the microwave and warming it at 30-second intervals.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! You can assemble the entire Cauliflower Buffalo Dip ahead of time and store it covered in the fridge until time to bake it. Bring it up to room temperature though before popping it in the oven. The dip is best served fresh right out of the oven, so this is the best way to prepare it in advance of a party.
Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
The flavors in this Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe are cheesy, buffalo perfection! The blue cheese and fresh green onions on top just take it over the top. This entire pan can disappear from my house in NO TIME.
I promise it will be a hit at your party. If you LOVE Buffalo Chicken Dip but want to eat vegetarian, this Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Dip is your ticket to foodie heaven.
Give it a try and let me know what you think! Happy cooking.
More Game Day Appetizers for Your Menu:
- Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Healthy Pimento Cheese
- Everything Bagel Hummus
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Hummus
- Everything Bagel Dip with Greek Yogurt
- Everything Bagel Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
- Homemade Guacamole
More Buffalo Recipes to Try:
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- Homemade Buffalo Hummus
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
- Buffalo Chickpea Burger
- Buffalo Shrimp Skewers
If you make this Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment and a star rating ★ below. Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets *
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¾ cup Frank's Hot Sauce **
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- garnish: extra green onions and crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a sheet pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Also, spray a 9x9 casserole dish.
- Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in one layer on the sheet pan and roast 15-20 minutes or until tender. Don't overcook. Turn down the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, greek yogurt, and hot sauce together. Once smooth carefully fold in the green onion, crumbled blue cheese and roasted cauliflower by hand.
- Put the mixture in the casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until melted. You can pop on the broiler at the end to get the golden color.
- Garnish with extra green onion and blue cheese. Serve with chips, celery, and carrots.
- Make your florets small enough to easily pick up on chips.
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce to how spicy you want the dish. I tested with ¾ cup hot sauce which had a nice kick but not too much! You can add as little as ¼ cup or as much as 1 cup.
- Traditionally, celery and carrot sticks, tortilla chips, and crackers are served with buffalo dip. But any of your favorite dippers are always a good option!
- This cauliflower buffalo dip will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- The dip is best served fresh! But if you must reheat it, you can do so by placing small portions in the microwave and warming at 30-second intervals.
- You can assemble this entire recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you are ready to bake it. Just bring the dish up to room temperature before putting it in the oven.
Pin for later
Can you make ahead of time ?
YES! I'd make it and pop it in the oven when it is time.
Pam Greer says
I love this healthier dip! We are trying to eat healthier and I was wondering what we were going to do for our superbowl party!
Lesli Schwartz says
Yum! Going to have to make this one for the big game! It looks out of this world!
Lisa Ballantyne says
Looks and sounds awesome! Thank you for sharing! Have a blessed day with those beautiful boys!
Claudia Canu says
This is such a great option for vegetarian and it's also one more option to introduce cauliflower to my diet! Thank you so much for sharing!
What a nice and healthy twist on the chicken dip, definitely a keeper, can't wait to make it, looks awesome!
Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real says
I'm a sucker for buffalo dip so I will definitely be trying this out!
Beth Ann Chiles says
Definitely printing this one off --it looks amazing and I bet it tastes even more amazing. Thanks for a great healthy option for snacking! Give those sweet boys a sweet kiss ---love seeing their adorable faces.