This rich and creamy Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is a fun and healthy twist on the classic chicken dip. It uses roasted cauliflower instead of chicken, making it the perfect vegetarian dip for game day!
Super Bowl Sunday is a week from Sunday and I'm hoping the boys are on their best behavior so I can watch at least part of the game! I'm also hoping to make a few of my favorite Super Bowl snacks and this new dip is now on the list. I enjoy football, but I love the food that goes along with gameday even more... especially when I have a version that is a bit healthier.
Why You'll Love This Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip...
My Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is a vegetarian twist on classic buffalo chicken dip. It uses roasted cauliflower instead of chicken and trust me this is a veggie-packed swap worth making. This dip is cheesy, creamy, and TOTALLY ADDICTIVE!
Ingredients in Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is the perfect substitute for chicken in this dip. Cauliflower transforms the dip into a vegetarian dish, without sacrificing flavor.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cream cheese: Use reduced-fat cream cheese for a healthier option.
- Mozzarella cheese: Use reduced-fat cream mozzarella for a healthier option.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt helps to lighten up the dip, and add in some extra protein.
- Frank's hot sauce: Add as much or as little as you'd like. I recommend giving the dip a taste, as you are preparing it, to see if you need more/less hot sauce.
- Green onions: Adds the perfect amount of mild flavor to the dip.
- Blue cheese: A must-have garnish for buffalo dip! Is it really buffalo dip without blue cheese?
Here's how to make my Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe...
My Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe takes a couple of easy steps to make.
- First up is roasting the cauliflower. You'll want to break the head up into small enough florets that will fit on chips. If you buy one of those bags of pre-cut cauliflower florets you will need to break it up further.
- Roast the cauliflower on a sheet pan. The cauliflower takes the place of the chicken in the classic dip.
- Next, you mix up a delightful mixture of cream cheese and shredded mozzarella cheese. I lightened my version up by subbing greek yogurt for part of the cheese.
- Next up is adding classic Frank's hot sauce to the mix. You can add as little or as much as you'd like. The ¾ cup in the recipe is hot enough for flavor but not enough to burn your mouth for the rest of the night. BUT hot food is super subjective so if you are sensitive to heat, start with a little less and you can always add more. Just test it in the mixer. This gives the dish that classic buffalo flavor.
- The last step in my Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe is folding in green onions, blue cheese, and your roasted cauliflower florets. You then roast the dish to golden perfection.
Serve with celery, crackers, or chips for a totally addictive taste. The cauliflower gives the dish substance without needing the meat.
The flavors in this Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe are cheesy, buffalo perfection! The blue cheese and fresh green onions on top just take it over the top. This entire pan can disappear from my house in NO TIME.
I promise it will be a hit at your party.
What do you eat buffalo dip with?
Traditionally, celery and carrot sticks, tortilla chips, and crackers are served with buffalo dip. But any of your favorite dippers are always a good option!
How long is buffalo dip good for?
This cauliflower buffalo dip will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Does buffalo dip reheat well?
The dip is best served fresh! But if you must reheat it, you can do so by placing small portions in the microwave and warming at 30-second intervals.
Give my Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip recipe a try and let me know what you think! Happy cooking.
Also, try these other appetizers...
- Healthy Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Healthy Pimento Cheese
- Everything Bagel Hummus
- Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- Vegan Buffalo Hummus
- Everything Bagel Dip with Greek Yogurt
Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- 3 cups small cauliflower florets *
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 7 ounces reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¾ cup Frank's Hot Sauce **
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- garnish: extra green onions and crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a sheet pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Also, spray a 9x9 casserole dish.
- Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread in one layer on the sheet pan and roast 15-20 minutes or until tender. Don't overcook. Turn down the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, greek yogurt, and hot sauce together. Once smooth carefully fold in the green onion, crumbled blue cheese and roasted cauliflower by hand.
- Put the mixture in the casserole dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until melted. You can pop on the broiler at the end to get the golden color.
- Garnish with extra green onion and blue cheese. Serve with chips, celery, and carrots.
- Make your florets small enough to easily pick up on chips.
- Adjust the amount of hot sauce to how spicy you want the dish. I tested with ¾ cup hot sauce which had a nice kick but not too much! You can add as little as ¼ cup or as much as 1 cup.
- Traditionally, celery and carrot sticks, tortilla chips, and crackers are served with buffalo dip. But any of your favorite dippers are always a good option!
- This cauliflower buffalo dip will last 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- The dip is best served fresh! But if you must reheat it, you can do so by placing small portions in the microwave and warming at 30-second intervals.