There is nothing like fresh Guacamole for a snack or as a compliment to an easy quesadilla dinner. This recipe keeps it simple making just enough for one or two.
Start with just one ripe avocado which is just enough for one person eating a hearty snack or appetizer. It can also easily serve two if you are putting the guac as a garnish or side. Fresh, healthy (well until you reach for the chips!) and delicious.
The secret to whipping this guacamole quickly is cutting the avocado with ease. First I cut the avocado in half, straight through the skin. Second I pull apart and stab the hard center seed with the knife (be CAREFUL!) Give it a little twist with the knife and it should come right out. Third cut each half in a grid. Once again be careful to not cut through the skin of the avocado and into your hand.
Take a spoon and run it under between the skin and the flesh of avocado. It will come out in chunks. Finally take a fork and smash the avocado.
This technique makes the whole process so much easier and quicker.
Add a couple other tasty ingredients and this dish is one you will go back to again and again.
Guacamole for One
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small roma tomato, seeded, cored and chopped (or 4-5 cherry tomatoes, quartered)
- ½ teaspoon, minced jalapeno
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Cut avocado in cubes and smash with fork.
- Combine all other ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or as side to other Mexican dishes.
Your turn! What is your favorite dip? Do you ever make a dish in small portions?