Craving Mexican food, but want it without all the fat? Try me healthier black bean quesadilla! It’s stuffed with avocado for a satisfying and quick meal.
Hello friends! Have I told you how nice it is to be home? Asheville is stunning right now. Check out my huge blooming azalea on my Instagram page!
Today is also one of my favorite holidays. Happy Cinco de Mayo. I love it simply because it gives me another excuse to eat Mexican food.
Not that I really need one.
These simple quesadillas are my all time favorite lunch. I have made my black bean quesadilla with avocado at home more times than I care to mention.
You start with whole wheat tortillas. Be careful when you buy these babies though, some brands have twice as many calories as others.
You layer cheese, black beans, avocado and more cheese.
Top it off with another tortillas.
I cook mine for 3-5 minutes on each side on low to medium heat and ta-da!!!
Mexican yumminess with minimal grease and garbage in your food!
Feel free to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with all the fun and none of the guilt!
Black Bean & Avocado Quesadilla
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup 2% Mexican Cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime
- Serve with Easy Homemade Salsa & Greek Yogurt
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- If you don't have a really good nonstick pan, spread a very thin layer of olive oil on the outside of each tortilla. If you have a good nonstick you can skip that step.
- Heat your pan to medium-low heat and place one tortilla olive oil side down in the pan.
- Layer half the cheese, black beans, avocado and then the rest of the cheese on top of the tortilla. Squeeze a quarter of the lime on top of the beans and avocado.
- Place the second tortilla oil side up on top of the stack.
- Cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown.
- Serve hot and garnish with the rest of the lime.
Like Quesadillas? Try these too!
Other Mexican food favorites:
3 Bean and Spinach Enchiladas (old pictures, good recipe!)
Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas (old pictures, good recipe!)
Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure to come back tomorrow because I have a great hotel room workout that is perfect for vacation or even when you don’t have much time.
Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo?[