Vegetarian Oven Fajitas are a healthier version of the classic Mexican favorite. This 20 minute meal is made on a sheet pan making it the perfect weekday meal.
I’ve professed my love of Mexican food here many times. Salsa is basically my best bud and I am always on the lookout to make a healthier Mexican meal at home to cut back on the constant burrito cravings. The problem is I could eat this for dinner three nights in a row and STILL want a burrito for lunch the next day. Fajitas, Quesadillas, Burritos… basically all different food groups in my mind.
I’ve even contemplated how an IV of salsa would work. The struggle is real.
Luckily I have Vegetarian Oven Fajitas. They are one of my favorite weekday meals because they are made on a sheet pan in less than 20 minutes!20 Minute Meal! Portobello Mushroom Vegetarian Sheet Pan FajitasClick To Tweet
Here’s why you have to try Vegetarian Oven Fajitas…
To make oven fajitas, I cut up the veggies and toss them in my super special vegetarian fajitas blend of spices.
You can use whatever veggies you have on hand but I love a combination of peppers, portobello mushrooms, onions and even zucchini! Then bake them on a foil covered sheet pan for easy clean up.
You can go as healthy or as unhealthy as you wish with the toppings. During the week I like to keep my food healthier so I choose whole wheat tortillas, fresh cilantro, lime, a little cheese, salsa and a smear of plain greek yogurt.
Your family can assemble their own vegetarian oven fajita favorites at the table… so everyone can get what they want. To make these photos pretty (which I reshoot in March 2018!) I put this on a nice plate, but I often just stick the sheet pan in the middle of the table and both the Hubs and I just make ours from there. Sometimes it’s best to keep it simple.
The vegetarian oven fajitas mixture also reheats well for lunches during the week and is super tasty in quesadillas and wraps too! This fast and simple dinner is one you have to try.
Vegetarian Oven Fajitas are a healthier version of the classic Mexican favorite. This 20 minute meal is packed with veggies and are full of flavor. They have a short cooking time and are made on a sheet pan, making them a perfect for a weekday meal!
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper cut in strips
- 1 small zucchini cut in strips
- 1 small onion sliced
- 8 ounces sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste!
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste!
- optional: 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper a pinch
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Favorite Fajitas toppings: cheese, sour cream or greek yogurt, lime, salsa, cilantro or guacamole.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and all the spices.
- Spread the spiced veggie mixture across the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite fajitas
The recipe makes enough for 4-6 fajitas. Without any sides, that is dinner for two in my house! With sides you can serve more.
More Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Meals
- Vegetarian Crock Pot Enchilada Bake
- Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas
- Crock Pot Quinoa Lentil Tacos
- Crock Pot Vegetarian Mexican Quinoa Bake
- Southwest Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
Like my Vegetarian Oven Fajitas? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Thanks for stopping by today!
How do you feel about burritos? Be honest…. 🙂
What do you like to put on fajitas?
I’m linking up my Vegetarian Oven Fajitas recipe with: Meatless Monday, Meatless Monday, Full Plate Thursday, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!