The BEST Buffalo Shrimp Dip recipe filled with creamy cheese, shrimp, and Frank's Hot Sauce for an irresistible, dippable seafood snack that will disappear before your eyes. Eat up because my version is healthier with greek yogurt!
When fall and football season rolls around I have a soft spot for all sorts of chips and dips. I love cozying up on the couch to watch my alma mater, the Florida Gators, play, and having lots of yummy snacks that are just enough to call dinner. My go-to recipes are my Lightened Up Jalopeno Popper Dip and my Buffalo Cauliflower Dip.
The Hubs and I were chatting about football rolling back around for fall and we both decided we needed to add some SHRIMP to the dipping fun and before no time this Buffalo Shrimp Dip recipe was born!
Best Buffalo Shrimp Dip recipe
I know we hear a lot that a recipe is the BEST but this one really is. It's the perfect combination of cheese, Frank's Hot Sauce, and sweet shrimp for a baked shrimp dip you'll want to make again and again.
Move over buffalo wings, a new buffalo recipe is in down.
Buffalo Shrimp Dip Appetizer
This recipe was inspired by the classic Buffalo Chicken Dip you'll see at so many parties. As a pescatarian, I often get sad when that's on the menu. I love cheese and buffalo but obviously don't eat the chicken so I have to pass on something that looks so good.
I first created my VEGETARIAN Buffalo Cauliflower Dip which is also such a tasty appetizer BUT I decided SHRIMP would also be SO GOOD in the dip. I was totally right... the buffalo and blue cheese goodness pairs perfectly with the shrimp. This dip is such a tasty and simple Buffalo Shrimp Appetizer.
I mean just LOOK at that bite!
What's in the Shrimp Dip:
- Cooked Shrimp: You'll want to use pre-cooked shrimp for this recipe. Or cook your own before you start. Chop them in small enough pieces to be easily picked up dippers. You can save money by buying smaller shrimp because you are chopping them up anyway.
- Cream Cheese: You can use light or full fat... whatever floats your boat. I can't taste a big difference between the two so I use light. The cream cheese makes the shrimp dip nice and creamy.
- Mozzarella Cheese: Mozzarella cheese gives us that super cheesy flavor.
- Greek Yogurt: Most recipes call for sour cream but I sub greek yogurt for a lighter dip.
- Franks Buffalo Sauce: I love THIS one. The recipe calls for a half cup of the hot sauce. If you like it spicier you can add up to ¾ of a cup. I think a half cup is just enough heat for lots of flavor without burning your mouth.
- Green Onions: These add some flavor and brightness to the Buffalo Shrimp Dip!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles: You HAVE to have Blue Cheese with anything buffalo... right?
What do I serve with Buffalo Shrimp Dip?
Make sure to buy plenty of your favorite dippers. I like classic carrots and celery with this to remind of Buffalo Wings. It's also super tasty with pita crackers or tortilla chips.
This would also be delightful spread on French Bread.
How to make Buffalo Shrimp Dip:
This Buffalo Shrimp Dip is really easy to make!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mozzarella, greek yogurt, and hot sauce. I use my stand mixer but you could do it by hand with a little bit of elbow grease. You'll want this to be well combined.
- Fold in the shrimp, green onions and blue cheese at the end.
- Spread the mixture in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Top with extra blue cheese crumbles and green onion.
- Serve with your favorite dippers.
Pro Tips & Variations:
- To get a golden crust on top turn on the broiler at the end of cooking for a few minutes.
- Mix up the cheese! A rich sharp cheddar in place of the mozzarella is also good.
Can I add crab to the dip?
Yes! Crab would taste so good with this too! Just substitute part of the shrimp for crab.
How do I reheat the dip?
Eat immediately for the best CHEESY results. If you want to reheat it I suggest doing that in the oven. Cover the baking dish with foil and cook for 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until warm again.
This irresistible Buffalo Shrimp Dip is SO GOOD! The cheesy combination of spice and shrimp will make this dish disappear in no time.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Happy dipping.
More Healthy Dip Recipes to Love
- Lightened Up Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Everything Bagel Dip
- Creamy Black Bean Dip
- Avocado Feta Dip
- Whipped Garlic Feta Dip
More Buffalo Recipes to Love
- Buffalo Chickpea Burgers with Blue Cheese Cole Slaw
- Buffalo Shrimp Skewers
- Healthy Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
- Buffalo Hummus <--- coming up this month!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment and a star rating ★ below. Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
The Best Buffalo Shrimp Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 7 ounces shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 3 cups cooked shrimp, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- toppings: extra green onions and blue cheese crumbles
- dippers: celery, carrots, chips and/or crackers.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, greek yogurt and Frank's Hot Sauce. Fold in the shrimp, green onion and blue cheese crumbles at the end.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The get the top golden brown turn on the broiler for a few minutes at the end.
- Top with extra blue cheese crumbles and green onions. Serve immediately with dippers.
Pin for later!
Really tasty recipe, I normally make my buffalo dip with chicken but using shrimp was a really great alternative!
Tgis is a wonderful variation of the classic buffalo dip. I love the use of greek yogurt here, it must have made the dip super creamy.
Jacqueline Debono says
I so love hot dips, especially on TV dinner nights in the winter. This one sounds delicious love the combo of flavours. On my to make list!
Gail Montero says
Loving all the yummy blue cheese on top! I can imagine just how tasty this is and would be a huge hit every time!
This looks amazing! Ive never made a buffalo shrimp dip before, but now im inspired to make it for myself. I love the colour of the dip, so vibrant. I need to make this for me and my family as a snack to try out! I also love the combinations of everything. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Shrimp lover and this sounds like a great snack. What a great dip. Will soon try this for my family
This is one of the best dip recipes I've seen in a while. So much flavor! I'm definitely using extra blue cheese, too.
This sounds like the perfect this to serve at my next gathering! Thank you for sharing:)
Amy Liu Dong says
Such a perfect dip recipe, it looks delicious and easy, will definitely making this one for everyone
Saturday night is always my family's "snacky dinner" night. I'll be making this and I know it's going to be a hit because we all love buffalo chicken wings!
Chef Dennis says
Your recipe came out perfectly! My wife raved about the flavor!!
Stine Mari says
This is such a smart twist! And with the greek yoghurt too! I'm in such a mood for something spicy right now too!
I love buffalo chicken dip, but I never thought to use shrimp. What a creative idea that looks delicious!! I can't wait to try this recipe!
This dip literally goes well with anything! I really like dipping my veggies and chips in it !!
Lesli Schwartz says
This dip looks amazing! Love that you used Greek yogurt in this buffalo dip! The hubby will love your recipe too!
Taleen | Just As Tasty says
I need this dip in my life! I love shrimp but have never tried anything like this. So excited to try this recipe!
Buffalo shrimp dip is genius!! I must say, this is a classy party dip! So creative, delicious, and fun!
Alison's Allspice says
I love that you used greek yogurt. It is such a healthy swap without sacrificing flavor!
Kaleigh @ Lively Table says
Wow! Buffalo with shirmp, how interesting! What a fun way to change up buffalo dip.
This is quite the party pleaser right here. Love the spicy mix with a twist of ingredients.
Deborah Brooks says
This is a creative and fun twist on a classic buffalo dip. The shrimp idea is great. The spicier the better over here