My Vegetarian White Bean Soup simmers all day in the Crock Pot. The result is a simple, healthy and delicious meal for any day of the week.
Hi friends! Happy Tuesday!
I know it is officially spring and all and soups are on the way out, but I have a case to keep the slow cooker out a bit longer. My Crock Pot Vegetarian White Bean Soup may be hot, but it is packed with spring carrots and topped with pretty spring green onions.
So really, this is the perfect dish for transitioning seasons.
It’s WARM and SPRING-Y!
I use the Crock Pot year-round for dishes like this. My Crock Pot Vegetarian White Bean Soup is so easy and focuses on only a few simple ingredients. I think that is why it is perfect for all seasons.
All you do to make this soup is open some canned white beans and all soup basics like onion, celery and carrots to the mix. I add some dried spices to the pot to make the flavors more interesting. Feel free to add your favorites though.
The secret is to let it cook all day to let the flavors blend. The finished product is so tasty!
After a day of working, it's so nice to come home to this dinner already cooked. I serve my Vegetarian Crock Pot White Bean Soup with a light green salad and a whole grain dinner roll for a hearty and complete meal.
Crock Pot Vegetarian White Bean Soup
- 3 15.5 oz cans white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped celery, about 2 stalks
- 1 cup chopped yellow or sweet onion, about ½ onion
- 1 cup carrot rounds, 1-2 carrots
- 1-2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 32 oz low sodium, high quality vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt, to taste***
- ½-1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- garnish: parmesan cheese and sliced green onions
- Put all ingredients in a crock pot and turn to low. Cook for 8-10 hours or until all ingredients are soft and well combined. You can also cook for 4-6 hours on high. The carrots will take the longest to cook. Once they are soft the soup is done.
- Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Garnish with green onions and parmesan.
*** Start with less salt and add more depending on the type of broth you use and how salty it is.
Like this? Pin it to your favorite pinterest board!
Also try my 10 Cozy & Vegetarian Crock Pot Soups
Do you use your Crock Pot year round?