Vegetarian Taco Soup Crock Pot Recipe: A super simple, easy and tasty dinner that is the perfect weekday crockpot meal. This Slow Cooker Meatless Taco Soup is filled with pantry staples like canned beans, tomato, onions and peppers. It’s tasty, filling and a dinner you will want to make over and over again.
You know if something has taco in the title, I’m going to love it. And this super simple open and dump crock pot recipe is no exception.
My Vegetarian Taco Soup Crock Pot Recipe is the kind of savory bowl you WANT seconds of.
Vegetarian Crock Pot Taco Soup Recipe
It’s kind of like my Crock Pot Award Winning Vegetarian Chili, but it is more soup like and the flavors are slightly different. It features taco seasoning and is topped with taco favorites like cheese, lime, Greek yogurt (or sour cream) and green onions.
The real taco-y flavor comes from the chips though. You can crumble some on top or use them to dip.
I didn’t want to discriminate for my bowl, so I did both. I never want to pick sides 🙂
Since the weather has started to cool, I’ve been on a bit of a crock pot binge. It is just such a great kitchen tool for everyone. I think there are a lack of great crock pot vegetarian recipes out there, so I like to add more to the mix.
I hope you enjoyed this one as much as we did!
Vegetarian Crock Pot Taco Soup
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 15 ounce can tomatoes, I used fire roasted garlic
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained (low sodium)
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained (low sodium)
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 -3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream,) 2% Mexican cheese blend, sliced green onions, lime
- Put all ingredients in a Crock Pot and mix.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high or until the vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Serve with the chips, Greek yogurt, cheese, green onions and the lime wedge!
Want more vegetarian crock pot recipes?
Or check out my entire Crock Pot recipe page.
Do you use the Crock Pot frequently?
Do you love tacos as much as I do? 🙂