Take the guesswork out of soup at home with my Easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe! Made perfectly in your favorite slow cooker or even Instant Pot.
I’m so, so ready for spring but before we get there, I’m still hanging onto making a few cozy soups for the last time in the season. Y’all know I love pulling out my Crock Pot / Slow Cooker this time of year. With the twins, it’s become even more important for me to make sure I have some sort of meal going early in the day because they get crankier as the day progresses.
My easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe is one of my all-time favorites. It uses minimal ingredients that you might already have on hand and is great for dinner in a pinch. The flavors are rich and slightly Mexican inspired for a soup you’ll want to make again and again.
It’s vegan, vegetarian, low fat and gluten free!
Here’s why you’ll love my easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe…
This easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe could not be easier. It starts with cans of your favorite low sodium black beans, red pepper, onions and lots of rich spices.
This basically an open and dump recipe that you can have in your favorite slow cooker in minutes. It could also be easily made in your Instant Pot.
Once the soup stews all day you can eat it as is, or take an immersion blender to it. I love to blend mine half way. Enough to thicken the broth, but still have plenty of whole beans and peppers. You could also choose to blend it completely.
It really just depends on how you like your easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe because either way is DELISH. My favorite part about this soup is it gets even better the next day making leftovers a total no-brainer.
How to Make this Easy Black Bean Soup recipe
- Chop your onion, pepper, and garlic. (Or for a shortcut used pre-minced garlic!)
- Open, drain and dump your cans of black beans.
- Add the broth and chilies.
- Finish with all the spices!
- After it cooks, decide whether you want to blend any of the soup.
Toppings for this Easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Sour Cream
- Mexican or Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Obviously, your choice of topping will either make this vegetarian or vegan / dairy free. My pick is to keep it vegan and use avocado, lime and cilantro… although I’ve never met a cheese I don’t like.
I hope you enjoy this DELISH soup as much as I do! As always, I’d love to hear what you think in the comments.
Pin for later…
More Vegan Crock Pot Soups…
- Crock Pot Detox Soup
- Nourishing Crock Pot Lentil Soup
- Crock Pot Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Crock Pot White Bean Soup
- Crock Pot Taco Soup
Easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 4 ounces can green chilies
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 15 ounce reduced sodium black beans cans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chipolte pepper powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish: avocado, cilantro, lime, plain greek yogurt, sour cream
- Put all ingredients in the Crock Pot. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Adjust chipotle, salt and pepper to taste and remove the bay leaves.
- Blend about halfway with an immersion blender. Leave some beans and peppers whole.
What’s your favorite slow cooker soup?