Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing is homemade, low-fat and low-calorie salad dressing (or dip). Creamy, smooth, and with all the classic ranch flavors you love. This easy low-calorie ranch dressing uses pantry staples and can be made in a matter of minutes! You'll never miss the bottled kind!
My Healthy Greek Salad Dressing went over so well, I decided to share a few more of my favorite dressing creations. Homemade salad dressings are really very simple and something you can make ahead and use all week. I have nothing against using a bottle in a pinch, but homemade tastes so much better and you can control what you put in them.
Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
My Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing takes everything bad for you OUT of the ranch and makes it an amazing dressing or dip you can actually feel good eating. This recipe calls for no mayo or sour cream plus instead of using a packet or mix it uses simple spices you probably already have in your fridge.
If you are wondering if you can make ranch dressing with greek yogurt... YOU CAN! It tastes better than the bottle AND is surprisingly healthy. This low-calorie ranch dressing is perfect for dipping and drizzling on top of your favorite salad.
Move over Hidden Valley... a new HEALTHY ranch dressing is in town.
Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing Ingredients:
To make this Greek yogurt ranch dressing recipe you will need:
- Plain Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt takes the place of the more fattening ingredients you typically see in homemade ranch dressings: sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, chives, dill): You can't have ranch dressing without these main seasonings.
- Lemon: A little bit of lemon juice adds a nice tanginess to the dressing. It also keeps the dressing bright and light.
- Salt and Pepper: Salt and pepper help to bring out the flavors.
- Milk: Dairy or non-dairy (make sure it's non-flavored), you can use whichever type of milk you prefer.
How do you make Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing?
- Add all of the ingredients, except the milk, to a small bowl and whisk together.
- Slowly add in the milk until you reach the desired consistency.
How long does the ranch last?
Store the ranch in an airtight container in your fridge for as long as your milk and yogurt are fresh! Most likely that will be 5-7 days.
Tips for making the ranch
- The recipe calls for using either fresh or dried herbs, making it a great year-round recipe. You can use whatever you have. Since my garden is going so well this year, I used fresh herbs in this version. It packs a lot of flavors too. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
- If you have picky kids (or a picky husband!) this recipe is the perfect addition to a salad or veggie plate. They'll never know you made the swap.
- The type of greek yogurt you pick for this salad dressing will determine the calorie count and creaminess. Higher fat yogurt will be creamier but lower fat will have fewer calories.
- The base for this healthy dressing is basically just Greek yogurt and milk. The milk thins it out a bit and you can adjust the amount of milk you put in to adapt for what you are using it for. Want a thinner salad dressing? Use more milk! Want a thicker ranch dip? Use less! Either way, you make it, it's delicious!
What is Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing used for?
You can use Greek yogurt ranch on:
- As a dressing on Vegan Cobb Salad
- As a dip for Parmesan Ranch Cauliflower or Curly Sweet Potato Fries
- With my Oven Baked Zucchini Fries
The entire recipe for my Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing takes less than 5 minutes to make and is super low calorie. A tablespoon of the homemade ranch dressing is only 27 calories when using fat-free yogurt and milk. You can dunk and dip until your heart is content.
It's also made with ingredients you probably already keep in your pantry and spice rack, so hopefully, it will be pretty easy for you to give it a try. As always, I'd love to hear what you think in the comments below.
Other dressings you'll love...
Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- ½-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ tablespoon fresh dill OR ¼ teaspoon dried dill, chopped
- ½ lemon, small, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk, any non-flavored type will work
- Put all ingredients except the milk in a bowl and mix well. Stir in a tablespoons of the milk at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Keep in an airtight container in fridge!
Like this Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing? Pin it for later!