My Crispy Ranch Chickpeas recipe is a perfect healthy savory snack. Roasted to perfection these humble garbanzo beans are popping with ranch flavor and will remind you of eating your favorite chips!
Crispy Ranch Chickpeas
More than often I get the dessert menu and pass, but put a basket of salty chips or crackers in front of me and I generally will have very little willpower to stop munching. Sure... I love sweets and chocolates as much as anyone... but it's the salty treats that can often be my downfall. If you are like me these Crispy Ranch Chickpea will totally win you over.
I love creating salty, crispy, and crunchy treats that are actually good for you. This healthy Crispy Ranch Chickpeas recipe may look a little funny... but these little bites taste amazing! They are perfect for watching a movie, midday munching, or even a fun healthy addition to your Super Bowl party menu. Or even in my Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Crispy Chickpeas & Tahini Dressing.
Why You'll Love These Roasted Ranch Chickpeas...
These Crispy Ranch Chickpeas recipe could not be easier. They are simply made with two budget-friendly cans of chickpeas which are also called garbanzo beans. To get the ranch flavor I created my own blend of simple spices. The list looks long, but it's stuff you most likely already keep in your pantry like garlic powder, onion powder, and thyme.
If you are looking for a shortcut you could easily swap out my blend of ranch seasoning with one of those ranch packets at the grocery store.
Ingredients in the Recipe:
Here's what you'll need to make these crispy Ranch Chickpeas.
- Canned Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans: These canned beans make the perfect base for crispy chickpeas.
- Olive Oil: You will need just enough oil to coat the chickpeas so your spices stick and the chickpeas turn crispy.
- Ranch Spice Blend: Dried Dill, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Dried Parsley & Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Ranch Roasted Chickpeas:
Here's an overview of how to make my Ranch Chickpeas but keep reading to see the full recipe.
- Rinse and drain your canned chickpeas.
- Place them on a paper towel to allow them to dry. Allow them to sit for awhile so they dry out.
- Toss the dried chickpeas in olive oil and ranch seasoning.
- Roast the chickpeas at 425 for 40-45 minutes. Watch them carefully and pull any of the chickpeas out that are starting to burn.
The result is a super flavorful snack that could not be easier to make and are perfect for when your next salty snack craving hits. They are perfectly poppable.
FAQ & Tips
- To make your Ranch Chickpeas extra crispy remove the skin (husks) on the chickpeas. You do that while they are drying by rolling them around on the paper towel. The skin should come right off. It'a bit tedious but makes your chickpeas super crispy.
- The baking time for your chickpeas might have to be adjusted depending on the brand of chickpea you buy and how much moisture is the garbanzo bean. It's best to check on your roasted chickpeas often while they bake so you can get them really dried out but not burnt.
- Making garganzo beans or chickpeas from scratch is great, but canned chickpeas work best for this recipe because they have less water content.
- You can also substitute your favor Ranch Packet for my seasoning blend.
Why Are My Chickpeas Not Crunchy?
You need to roast your chickpeas long enough in the oven. If just a few start browning pull those out and keep the rest of the pan in until they really dry out. Removing the skin on the chickpeas can also help. The drier you get the chickpeas before roasting the crispier they will be. I will leave mine on the counter for a few hours to dry out.
How do store the chickpeas?
These Ranch Chickpeas store well in a storage container that is vented or leave the lid cracked. They are best the day you make them but can be stored in a dry pantry for up to a week.
My Roasted Chickpeas are a completely guilt-free, whole foods snack that even has protein! My Crispy Ranch Chickpeas recipe is pretty darn addictive too. You'd struggle to just eat one.
Give these a chance for Super Bowl weekend and add them to your menu! Or if football isn't your thing, try them for your next movie night. Either way, I promise they will be a hit.
More Crispy Roasted Chickpea Recipes to Love:
- Crispy BBQ Chickpeas
- Crispy Everything Bagel Chickpeas
- Chili Lime Roasted Chickpeas
- Pumpkin Spice Crispy Chickpeas
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment and a star rating ★ below. Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Crispy Ranch Chickpeas recipe
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons dried dill
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- cooking spray
- Put the chickpeas on a paper towel and dry well. Allow to sit and air dry until the moisture is gone. The drier you get them the crunchier they will be.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss the dried chickpeas with the olive oil, spices and salt. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and pour the chickpeas in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until crispy. Halfway through pull the pan out and shake it to toss them.
Pin for later
I absolutely LOVE snacking on flavored chickpeas! They give me the same crunchy satisfaction as a potato chip, but so much healthier!! Dying to try this ranch flavor!
Deborah Brooks says
I love roasted chick peas. this is such a fun flavor combo cannot wait to mix up batch!
These are so yummy and delicious! I stored them in a plastic container at room temperature and the nest day they were kind of chewy, not crunchy like the were the day I made them. Have you had this happen. I’ve tried roasting chickpeas in the last but they are only ever crunch right after making them.
Thanks for the review! Try leaving the storage container just slightly open to let a little of the moisture out. They are still best the day you make them but not trapping the moisture in a container helps.
Let me know how it goes!
Lisa Bruns says
Sorry if I missed it, but wondering these can be stored at room temperature?
Hi Lisa, Store them at room temp. Enjoy! Julie
Deborah Brooks says
I love to make roasted chick peas too. Fun twist with the ranch seasonings. Will have to try!
Karen P Greig says
Made these absolutely LOVE them!!!
How do you store these?
Hi Leeann! In an airtight container. Hope you like them!
Kristy from Southern In Law says
Yuuuummm! These look so good!
Can't get enough of crispy chickpea!
Me either! Thanks Mona!
Blane Sherer says
Simple , good , and good for you ( smile )
Two of my favorites, chickpeas and ranch!
Me tooo! Thanks Patrick!
Thanks for the recipe and tip about letting them dry first. I love chickpeas!
Thanks Julie! HOpe you enjoy these.
Deborah Brooks says
I love to do roasted chick peas. I usually go spicy but these look great too thanks for joining meatless Monday
Ohhh spicy sounds good too. Thanks Deborah. Thinking about you with your awful week. Love your way. xoxo
Patricia @Sweet and Strong says
OH I LOVE roasted chick pea snacks but have never tried making them myself. I also love roasted chickpeas on salad instead of croutons. So yummy, can't wait to try these.
Thanks Patricia! Hope you enjoy them.
Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real says
Yum! I tried making roasted chickpeas before but I didn't realize I had to let them dry. I'm so happy you pointed that out. Now I'll have to try again with this recipe!
Letting them dry makes ALL the difference.
So this recipe looks delicious! I will be buying some chickpeas today ... can't wait to make these! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Thanks Erinn! Let me know what you think!
Emily @ Pizza & Pull-Ups says
These look great and I do have all of that stuff in the pantry. I am totally going to make some of these later. Thanks, Julie!
Thanks Emily! Let me know what you think!:-)
Sounds tasty. I only ever eat chickpeas in a salad. This is a fun twist on them.