Curious how to make nachos with no meat? My 6 Ingredient Sheet Pan Vegetarian Nachos recipe uses a few healthy swaps and a sheet pan for an irresistible meal or appetizer. This easy meatless nachos recipe is topped with black beans, pico de gallo, jalapenos and lots of cheese.
If you've been around Running in a Skirt for any time you know I'm a football fan. I went to the University of Florida and Gator Nation is in my blood. Our house also follows the Steelers for pro-ball because the Hubs grew up in Pittsburgh. So it's safe to assume that at some point on most weekends in the fall I'm watching some sort of football game. This year might look a bit different with football, but I'm glad we will have at least a few games to watch. For my little family watching football means also munching a big try of my easy Sheet Pan Vegetarian Nachos recipe.Perfect for Game Day! 6 Ingredient Easy Vegetarian Nachos #vegetarian #gameday Click To Tweet
6 Ingredient Sheet Pan Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
We're not crazy about it or anything, but the Hubs and I do enjoy a good football evening... which of course has to come with game day snacks. My favorite recipe to make during a game are my famous Sheet Pan Vegetarian Nachos recipe! They are a go-to because they are so easy and only involve 6 ingredients! It's like a foodie touchdown. 🙂
These really are the best meatless nachos!
No... this isn't a "healthy" recipe... but it sure is good! While there are still plenty of indulgences on this pan, I do make my nachos a bit better for you by trading meat for black beans, using lower fat cheese and plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Beyond that though... I'm a firm believer in moderation in life and these nachos just make game day better. Don't ya just want to take a bite!?
Nachos Recipe - NO Meat!
To make this vegetarian nachos recipe with no meat I swap canned black beans for traditional meat.
I also keep these fast and simple by using a few ready made ingredients. The biggest trick is buying store bought fresh pico de gallo in the produce department... the one with the tomatoes and onions already chopped up. That gives these meatless nachos tons of flavor and veggies without a lot of work.
Sometimes I'll make my own guacamole but if I'm really busy, which is often the case this time of year, I don't feel guilty about picking up store bought guac either. There is no shame in taking a kitchen shortcut sometimes.
All of this comes together for the BEST Veggie nachos.
Ingredients for Vegetarian Nachos recipe
The best part about this Vegetarian Nachos recipe is it is only 6 Ingredients!
- Chips: You can use a bag of your favorite chips but I am partial to traditional Hint of Lime Chips. They are basically my kryptonite.
- Cheese: I pick a Mexican Blend cheese for these! I like the 2% but feel free to use full fat if that's your jam.
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain canned black beans to make this recipe super simple.
- Pico de Gallo: Store bought pico de gallo gives you chopped tomato and onion without having to do the work yourself.
- Pickled Jalapenos: These are my favorite part! You can either use fresh if you want more heat or leave them off if you want no heat.
- Cilantro: Fresh cilantro gives the nachos a nice touch at the end.
You'll notice there is NO MEAT in this nachos recipe. The black beans give the dish more substance and take the place of the meat.
You can also use store bought guacamole, salsa and sour cream or plain greek yogurt as toppings. I love to serve with with three small bowls of each for dipping.
How to Make Nachos with No Meat...
- Line a sheet pan with foil and preheat the oven.
- Put one layer of chips down using about half of the bag. Top the chips with the black beans, cheese, pico de gallo, jalapeno and cheese.
- Repeat with a second layer of chips and toppings.
- Bake on high until the cheese melts and is bubbly.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite tips like guacamole, salsa and plain greek yogurt.
Variations and Pro Tips
- You could easily make a smaller batch by using only one layer of chips.
- Make it a bit healthier by using whole grain chips. I love ALDI whole grain tortilla brand chips.
- If you don't like black beans you could also use pinto beans!
- Serve with lime wedges for some fresh zest.
- If you don't want guacamole you could do cubes of fresh avocado.
Either way this sweet football treat is bound to become a favorite of yours as well! This is a wonderful option for vegetarian football food.
I've been making this Vegetarian Nachos recipe for years and this was actually one of the first recipes I published on Running in a Skirt in early 2013. The recipe photos may look a little better these days (I hope!) but the food still tastes the same. This tried and true family favorite is something I enjoy and is really the BEST Veggie Nachos you'll find.
Enjoy!Perfect for Game Day! 6 Ingredient Easy Vegetarian Nachos #vegetarian #gameday Click To Tweet
More Vegetarian Game Day Favorites
- Healthier Jalapeno Popper Dip
- Cauliflower Buffalo Dip
- Greek Yogurt Guacamole
- Greek Yogurt Guacamole Potato Skins
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- 15 Vegetarian Game Day Recipes
- 12 Healthy & Vegetarian Super Bowl Recipes
Want Healthier Nachos?
- Sheet Pan Vegetarian Bell Pepper Nachos <--- very similar recipe but uses mini bell peppers instead of chips!
- Greek Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce
6 Ingredient Easy Vegetarian Nachos recipe
- 1 bag Hint of Lime Tortilla Chips
- 7 ounces Mexican Cheese, 2%
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained, 15.5 ounce
- 16 ounces Pico de Gallo, store bought and drained
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- 1 handful Cilantro, optional
- Toppings: Guacamole, Salsa, Plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Lay half the chips on the cookie sheet. Cover with half the black beans, half the pico, half the jalapenos, and half of the cheese. Be careful to get the toppings actually on the chips and not the pan. Repeat with a second layer.
- Bake on high 8-12 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Top with the guacamole and fresh cilantro! Serve with additional salsa and sour cream or plain greek yogurt if desired.
Pin for later!