This simple pumpkin soup recipe will warm your heart on a fall day! It is quick enough to make for an evening meal and rich enough for the holiday table. My easy healthy Pumpkin Soup uses greek yogurt to bring rich flavor and protein to savory bowl of goodness.
I’m not the first or the last person on the “I love pumpkin” bandwagon.
But this soup is different.
Example A: It’s rich and decadent but secretly healthy.
Example B: It’s brimming with spices.
Example C: It’s vegetarian pumpkin soup . No chicken stock here!
Example D: And the creaminess comes from protein packed Greek Yogurt.
(I could go on, but I’ll stop there)
So no, it’s not exactly like every other recipe you’ll see out there.
This simple pumpkin soup recipe is better, if I do say so myself.
Easy healthy pumpkin soup.
Try it for dinner tonight.
I promise you just may like it enough to add it to your Thanksgiving menu.
Pumpkin mania satisfaction.
Simple Pumpkin Soup Recipe with Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 15 oz cans pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, can use 0%
- Garnish: toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat. Be careful not to burn. Cook until translucent about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic. Cook for an additional minute. Do not brown or burn. Season the onions and garlic with a pinch of the salt and pepper.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, maple syrup, ginger, nutmeg cinnamon, salt and pepper to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Blend soup using an immersion blender or in batches in the regular blender.
- Served with sweetened or spiced pumpkin seeds.
I found pumpkin spice pumpkin seeds at Trader Joes. They work perfect for the soup!
Are you on the pumpkin bandwagon?
I am sort of on it. I buy a few things pumpkin, but I actually can’t wait for peppermint flavored everything!
What are you doing for Thanksgiving?