Have 15 minutes? Then you can whip up my Healthy Pumpkin Pasta recipe. It’s creamy, savory and ohhhh so good!
Happy Fall! The long awaited pumpkin season is finally officially here. I know many folks start it after Labor Day, but I like to let summer marinade for all long as possible. It’s been really easy to do that this year because it’s been just as hot as summer so far this September! I’m still wearing flip flops folks! <— not complaining about that at all!
But even I can’t put it off any longer. It’s time.
Are you ready?
I’m kicking off fall and pumpkin season with a crazy simple and delicious 15 minute Healthy Pumpkin Pasta recipe.
The sauce is only a few simple, healthy ingredients that combine for a savory and creamy fall spiced sauce. It’s all stuff I keep in my pantry and fridge on a regular basis. It’s the kind of meal you can throw together when you forgot to plan for dinner. We’ve all been there!
You can use any type of pasta you’d like for this Healthy Pumpkin Pasta depending on how healthy you want to go. I like eating pasta and it’s something I don’t feel bad about eating in moderation every once in a while. In my early vegetarian days I ate way too much of it, but now I feel like I have a nice balance.
These days I like to only eat plain white pasta only on a rare occasion and mix it up the rest of the time with hearty whole wheat pasta, protein pasta or even quinoa pasta. These options really make a pasta much more well rounded option.
Plus I will never give up carbs. It makes me very cranky when I do! (Although my Dad has had huge weight loss success with it!)
Beyond pasta though, this sauce is so good, you could even mix it in with a grain like quinoa or farro if you aren’t eating pasta right now.
If that’s the case, we can still totally be friends. 🙂
You could also use zoodles or even spiralized sweet potato!
Next time you need a quick, healthy dinner try my Healthy Pumpkin Pasta.
Enjoy and happy fall y’all!
15 Minute Healthy Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
- 4 cups dried pasta, your favorite kind
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin, NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, I buy 0%
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup pasta water, water you cooked the pasta in
- optional garnish: fresh sage and/or parmesan
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions. After cooking reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add a pinch of the salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and allow to cook for 20-30 seconds. Do not overcook or allow to burn.
- Quickly add the pumpkin to the pan. Stir together and add the rest of the salt, pepper and spices. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the greek yogurt to the sauce. Add the cooked pasta. Slowly pour the pasta water in until you get a good consistency.
- Serve with the optional sage and parmesan garnish!
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more healthy pumpkin?
Greek Yogurt Simple Pumpkin Soup
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing another great look for early fall.
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Do you like savory pumpkin dishes?
When do you start pumpkin mania?