Perfectly roasted sweet potatoes, cranberries and crisp apples come together in my Harvest Farro Salad recipe.
Yesterday I shared a story about how I went to an apple farm this year and created a beautiful Apple Cider Vinaigrette with the cider I brought home. It’s subtly sweet, savory and oh so delicious. So it’s probably no big surprise that I also had to come up with a recipe using the dressing!
What better to showcase the perfect fall dressing than with a hearty Harvest Farro Salad recipe featuring roasted sweet potatoes, tart cranberries, crisp apples and crunchy pumpkin seeds! These two are the perfect fall pair.
Farro is such a tasty grain. If you haven’t tried it yet, you’ve got to. It’s nutty, rich and flavorful. Although farro rocks, you can also use the same amount of quinoa, wheatberries or any other grain you like in this recipe.
The Harvest Farro Salad recipe is hearty because it has perfectly pre-roasted sweet potato bites piled high in the dish. Aren’t they purrr-ty????
The rest of the ingredients are quintessentially fall and taste amazing together. It’s all topped with that Homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
Let me warn you though… it’s downright addictive. My entire batch disappeared in no time at all.
Serve this salad as a vegan / vegetarian main course any day of the week! It’s also fancy enough to put on your Thanksgiving table this year, especially if you don’t eat the turkey.
Harvest Farro Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
For the sweet potatoes
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt & pepper, to taste
For the rest of the dish
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinaigrette ***, to taste
For the potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the potatoes in the olive oil, thyme salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until tender
For the rest of the dish
- Cook the farro in the water or vegetable broth according to package instructions.
- Toss the cooked farro, roasted sweet potatoes, apple, cranberries, pumpkin seeds together with the Apple Cider Vinaigrette. Add more dressing to taste!
- Serve warm or room temperature!
Make with my Homemade Apple Cider Vinaigrette!
Like my Harvest Farro Salad recipe? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing my Crock Pot Butternut Squash Soup.
What’s your favorite fall food?
Are you trying anything new for Thanksgiving this year?