I can’t believe a year has past since we were reflecting on 2012! The older I get (still hanging on to the dream that I’m actually … eh-ehm… 23) the quicker time seems to fly.
2013 has had so many high notes! A trip to Italy, family moving closer and hosting my first huge Thanksgiving feast.
Even with all the ups this year, so much of 2013 has been marked by my health struggles. That has made this year tough, but I have learned valuable lessons in perseverance and the power of positivity that are irreplaceable. I hope to remember this year as a time when I had more strength than I knew possible.
2013 is also my first full year of blogging and the year I expanded Running in a Skirt to include more of my life outside of running. I have been so blessed that so many of you have joined me in this little project by reading my blog. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
SOOOO…. without further ado, Running in a Skirt’s (drum roll, please….)
TOP 13 OF 2013
(Click on the pink title links to see the original posts)
1. Feb 20th – Even though I started the year off sick at home, I kept the running spirit of the blog alive by looking back to the time I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon! Best. Race. Ever.
2. March 2nd – I did a Crock Pot Challenge in January and February where I made 10 recipes entirely in the Crock Pot! It was so nice to have these meals ready to go when I wasn’t feeling well. If you are looking for some easy meals for the New Year, check this out!
3. March 22nd- After months of doctors appointments and speech therapy, my doctors finally figure out why I was having so many health and voice problems.
4. April 12 – After months of being sick and struggling to get my voice back I shared my attempts at a poetic motivational speech.
Yes, a little melodramatic , but it really helped at the time.
5. April 16th – After an extended leave from work, I finally get to go back to my job at the TV station!
6. May 28th – I love this little herb tower! Is it spring yet?
7. Italy! – The hubs and I took a 2 week trip to Italy!!! I know this is technically more than one post, but for this list’s sake, they all count as one.
8. July 8th- After many months of a running hiatus, I finally got back in the swing of things!
9. July 30th- My first race back after surgery.
10. Oct 23- We find out the gender of the baby my sister-in-law is having! We are getting a new nephew in early 2014.
11. October 30th – My brother and other loved ones moved close!
12. November 1- I took some time to honor and remember my mother on the 1 year anniversary of her passing.
13. December 2nd- We hosted Thanksgiving for both of our families this year! I had so much fun putting all the little details together.
What is your favorite 2013 memory?
What will you remember about this year?[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]