Warm, comforting and healthy my Vegetarian Crock Pot Lentil Soup is the perfect meal to kick off the new year!
I am so excited about the New Year! I’ll be sharing some simple, easy and nourishing recipes plus healthy living ideas to help you start 2017 on the right foot. It’s this time of year that I really get the feeling that with the right goals and plan that anything is possible. Last week I posted 15 Fast, Healthy & Vegetarian Dinner Ideas for the New Year and I’m going to publish even more fresh recipe ideas over the coming weeks.
Today’s recipe is perfect vegan goodness in a bowl. Vitamin packed kale and carrots combine with protein packed lentils for one amazingly simple healthy recipe. This Vegetarian Crock Pot Lentil Soup is sure to get added to your regular rotation.
Now normally I feel like lentil soup is kind of sad and boring. Sure, it might taste good but what about the color?!!!
My version totally solves that by adding veggies. Remember the more plant-based natural color we get in our food… the more nutrients it has! I totally heart color in food.
On top of being warm, comforting AND nourishing my Vegetarian Crock Pot Lentil Soup could not be easier! You just dump everything in the Crock Pot and wait until you get home. The lentils don’t even need to be pre-soaked. If you are trying to eat more plant based food this year, lentils are a great way to get some extra protein without a lot of fuss.
This meal has all the makings of a protein filled detox soup after all of those holiday indulgences.
I made a big pot of this last week and have been enjoying it for days. I hope you will too.Nourishing & #healthy #Vegetarian #CrockPot Lentil Soup. Great #detox meal to get your diet back on track. #recipeClick To Tweet
- 4 large carrots sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cups dried lentils
- 10 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper optional
- 6 cups fresh kale chopped
- 1 lemon
- Put the carrots, onion, lentils, broth, garlic, spices, salt and pepper in a large Crock Pot and stir together. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until the lentils are tender. Depedning on how much broth the absorb, add a touch more broth.
- Once cooked reduce heat to warm and stir in the kale until it is wilted. Squeeze the fresh lemon on top.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve!
The pinch of red pepper does make it hot, just adds some flavor.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more healthy Crock Pot Vegetarian soups? Start here…
Nourishing & #healthy #Vegetarian #CrockPot Lentil Soup. Great #detox meal to get your diet back on track. #recipeClick To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing 10 great home workouts so get you moving in 2017 without leaving the house.
Do you like lentils?
How are your New Year’s Resolutions going?