- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups dried lentils
- 10 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- pinch red pepper, optional
- 6 cups fresh kale, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Put the carrots, onion, lentils, broth, garlic, spices, salt and pepper in a large Crock Pot and stir together. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours or until the lentils are tender. Depedning on how much broth the absorb, add a touch more broth.
- Once cooked reduce heat to warm and stir in the kale until it is wilted. Squeeze the fresh lemon on top.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve!
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more healthy Crock Pot Vegetarian soups? Start here…
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing 10 great home workouts so get you moving in 2017 without leaving the house.
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Do you like lentils?
How are your New Year’s Resolutions going?