My Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn recipe is a crowd-pleasing… completely addictive holiday snack.
The Hubs and I have this ongoing
argument discussion about the type of popcorn we keep in the house. I prefer healthier, low salt and low butter kinds. I could even eat just plain air popped and be fine! He of course, likes the movie theater butter, greasy and salted kind. I do the grocery shopping around here, so I buy the kind I like and that is better for us and he complains reminds me that it’s not his choice.
He rarely goes to the store, but when he does he somehow always comes home with a box of what he calls “the good stuff.” It’s become a family joke at this point.
SO when I made a holiday recipe that used my “healthy” popcorn I was a little concerned he would not like it. I mean there is nothing really bad for you in my Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn recipe… but I decided to give it a try anyway.
I mean come on… he had to like it right????
The Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn recipe is really simple. You start with your favorite healthy popcorn. You could even air pop some, but I like the one with light salt for this. It gives you that sweet and salty combination.
Next you melt some dark chocolate chips in the microwave. Get good dark chocolate because it tastes better and is better for you.
The fun part is drizzling the chocolate.
Before the chocolate dries you sprinkle some festive sprinkles and crushed peppermint.
The only hard part is waiting for the chocolate to set! If you are impatient you can pop it in the freezer, but don’t leave it in there too long or you’ll mess up the actual popcorn kernels texture.
Once it sets pile the Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn recipe high in fun containers.
Eat yourself or give as a fun edible gift.
Love this 4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate #Peppermint #Popcorn from Running in a Skirt!
Now remember how I shared that the Hubs and I have drastic differently popcorn tastes?
WELL… when I made this recipe we both loved it and nearly fought over those chocolaty sweet and salty bites. I turned around and he had swiped the entire bag for himself! haha!
I’ll say this festive, healthy treat was a big success. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!Love this 4 Ingredient Dark Chocolate #Peppermint #Popcorn from Running in a Skirt!
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more healthy holiday ideas?
- 10 cups popped popcorn about 1 microwave bag
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint pieces
- 2 teaspoons Christmas sprinkles
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil. Spread popcorn evenly along pans.
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe container and microwave for 30 seconds. Pull out and stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Pull out and stir again. The chocolate should be melted at this point. If it's not, microwave for another 10 seconds. Repeat until it's soft and drizzly.
- Using a large spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn using fast motions creating thin lines of chocolate.
- While the chocolate is still warm, sprinkle the peppermint and sprinkles over the top.
- Allow chocolate to re-harden before moving. You can pop the trays in the freezer to speed up the process.
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing a fun holiday.
What kind of popcorn do you like?