My No Bake Peppermint Fudge recipe is the perfect treat for Christmas. It's made with only 4 ingredients including Nutella, peppermints or crushed candy cane, white chocolate, and coconut oil. This 10-minute sweet treat is impossibly easy to make and is the perfect recipe for the holidays.
No Bake Peppermint Fudge Recipe
My No Bake Peppermint Fudge recipe is sheer holiday or Christmas bliss. It's only four ingredients and two of those are peppermint and Nutella... so I imagine you are on board. Right?
This quick and easy no bake Nutella fudge or freezer fudge is shockingly easy to make and will quickly become part of your holiday baking tradition. You've got to love an easy fudge recipe with just the right amount of peppermint flavor!
The rich chocolate Nutella pairs perfectly with the white chocolate topping and pretty crushed candy canes. It's the kind of treat kind of tastes like a combination between fudge and candy. It's made with coconut oil, so it sets in the freezer to get hard.
You can leave yours plain or do like I did and top it with white chocolate and more peppermint. It certainly makes it look more festive. Don't these treats look just perfect for Christmas?
Why You'll Love this Peppermint Fudge with Nutella...
- It's made with only FOUR ingredients.
- It's SO SO SO simple to put together.
- It requires no actual baking or heating up an oven or stove. You melt everything in the microwave!
- It's SO darn pretty.
- It uses NUTELLA!
Many Christmas Peppermint Fudge recipes use sweetened condensed milk, butter, marshmallow creme and melted chocolate but mine is a bit different. This version is unique because it's more a freezer fudge brought together with chocolate hazelnut spread (Nutella) and coconut oil. All you do is melt them together and stir in the peppermint to get the fudge. It sets in the freezer! No candy thermometer is needed here.
The topping is kind of like a white chocolate peppermint bark and is totally delish. If you are in a hurry though you can leave it off.... but it sure is pretty.
Here's what you will need to make this No Bake Peppermint Fudge recipe.
- Nutella: Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that is creamy like peanut butter. You can either get the name brand or generic. Either will work. If you are having trouble finding it in a store, you can get it here. (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is kind of magical. When it's cool or even room temperature it's a solid but as you heat it up it turns into a liquid. That allows you to add it to things as a warm liquid and as it cools back down it turns into a solid. Coconut oil is the magic ingredient that allows this fudge to set without any baking.
- Crushed Candy Canes: You can use either crushed candy canes or crushed star brites peppermint candies. To easily crush the candy put them in a ziplock bag and smash them with a measuring cup. Sometimes if you are lucky you can find already crushed candy canes in the store. Here it is on Amazon if you don't want to do that yourself.
- White Chocolate Chips: White chocolate chips add pretty color and flavor to the top of the peppermint fudge.
Peppermint Fudge Directions:
- The cool part about this Peppermint Fudge is it is made in the microwave!
- I a medium microwave safe bowl add the Nutella and coconut oil. You are going to melt them together in the microwave. Microwave for 30 seconds first and stir. Microwave for 10 additional seconds at a time until they are liquid enough to stir. Then mix in about half of the peppermint candies.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Put the pan freezer to harden up.
- Once it's hard, you will make the white chocolate layer on top. Microwave the white chocolate chips in the same way you did the Nutella. For 30 seconds at first. Stir and then heat for an additional 10 seconds until they are melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate or it will separate.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the fudge. While the chocolate is still melted sprinkle the rest of the peppermint on top. Put back in the freezer to harden up again. Using a sharp knife on a cutting board, cut or slice it into small pieces for serving and store it in between aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Store in the fridge or freezer. It will be a softer consistency if you keep it in the fridge, harder if you keep it in the freezer. It does melt easily, so don't keep it out long!
Variations & FAQ
I love this Peppermint Fudge recipe as is, but here are some fun variations.
- Peppermint Extract: If you don't want to mess with the candy canes or peppermint candies you can use a few drops of peppermint extract. Peppermint extract is super potent though, so just add a few drops.
- Chocolate Chips: You can also add some pretty mini chocolate chips on top along with the crushed peppermint.
- Dark or Milk Chocolate Instead of White Chocolate: If you don't like white chocolate you can easily make the bark topping with white or dark chocolate. The white gives the fudge a nice contrast though.
How do you store the No Bake Peppermint Fudge?
You need to store the fudge in the fridge or freezer otherwise the coconut oil will melt and your fudge will no longer be solid.
How long does it last?
They do like to melt, so make sure to keep them cold. But otherwise, you can keep this in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for up to two months!
Can I double the recipe?
Yes, this recipe can be easily doubled or tripled just adjust the size of the pan you pour it in.
What can I use instead of coconut oil?
Unfortunately, coconut oil is really the magic ingredient that keeps this super simple fudge recipe together. There is no great substitute. If you can't find it, try buying it online here. I have great luck finding it at a good price at ALDI.
I did cut my No-Bake Peppermint Fudge recipe into big pieces for the photo, but it's just as satisfying and probably more appropriately portioned cut up in bite-size pieces. I hope you enjoy these bites of holiday happiness as much as I did!
More Easy Peppermint Recipes to Try:
- No Bake Peppermint Fudge Energy Bites
- Peppermint Fudge Nice Cream
- Healthy Dark Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn
- White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
4 Ingredient Peppermint Fudge with Nutella
- In a microwave safe dish melt the Nutella and coconut oil together. Microwave for 30 seconds first and stir. Microwave for 10 additional seconds at a time until they are liquid enough to stir. Then mix in about half of the peppermint candies.
- Pour the mixture into a 8x8 casserole dish. Put in the freezer to harden up.
- Once it's hard, microwave the white chocolate chips in the same way you did the Nutella. For 30 seconds at first. Stir and then heat for an additional 10 seconds until they are melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate or it will separate.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the frozen fudge. While the chocolate is still melted top with the rest of the peppermint. Put back in the freezer to harden up again.
- Store in the fridge or freezer. It will be a softer consistency if you keep it in the fridge, harder if you keep it in the freezer. It does melt easily, so don't keep it out long!
Pin for later...