5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars Recipe - This is the ultimate feast of peanut butter and chocolate! These decadent bars are super easy, use pantry staples and are made in just 10 minutes. They are delicious, energy boosting and with a healthy oatmeal twist.
I know groceries have been hard to come by lately. I feel like some weeks I can find everything I need and others I'm picking around trying to get something that makes a meal. Luckily I keep a pretty stocked pantry but it still can be hard and feel stressful. Since so many of you are in the same boat I decided to share some new recipes that use simple pantry staples. This 5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe is up first and you'll never believe how fast and easy this rich and tasty energy boosting dessert comes together.
I mean do I have to say more than PEANUT BUTTER and CHOCOLATE???
This dessert or snack even has a healthy oatmeal twist!
Why You'll Love this 5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe...
If you love the flavors in a classic peanut butter cup you are going to love this 5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe. It's loaded with rich peanut butter and topped with sweet chocolate.
This version is different than buying a regular peanut butter cup because you can control the sugar, salt, and extras in it by the peanut butter and chocolate you buy.
I love that it uses oatmeal in the base for a little healthier twist.
Easy & Energy Boosting
This snack or treat is so easy and energy boosting! These little squares of peanut butter and chocolate happiness will have you wanting more.
This entire try disappeared at my house in days. I blame the Hubs working from home. 🙂
Which Pantry Staples are in these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars?
This is such a great dessert recipe because it uses only 5 pantry staples you probably already have!
- Peanut Butter
- Honey, Agave Nector or Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil
Are these No Bake Bars healthy?
You can control how healthy this recipe is by the chocolate and peanut butter you pick. You can also make it vegan by choosing agave nectar or maple syrup instead of honey.
How to make this 5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe...
This 5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe uses the microwave instead of the oven to mix ingredients together. It's still fast, simple and easy to make. Here's what you do...
- Use your food processor or high-speed blender to breakdown the oatmeal into a flour consistency.
- Microwave the peanut butter and honey together for just long enough to mix together. Add the oatmeal to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a dish and smooth.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in the same way. Warm until just liquid enough to mix together.
- Smooth the chocolate on top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Put in the fridge for several hours to harden.
Tips to make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- Use a good blender or food processor to mix the oatmeal. I like THIS one.
- Microwave for just 15 seconds at a time to make sure you don't ruin the ingredients including separating the chocolate.
- When it's time to cut your No Bake Peanut Butter Bars allow them to warm up for about 10 minutes outside of the fridge before cutting. That will make them easier to cut and smoother to eat.
- Store them back in the fridge though!
I LOVE these bars. They taste incredible and no one will believe how easy they actually are to make.
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Love peanut butter and chocolate? Try these!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
- No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dessert Hummus
Love no bake desserts?
- No Bake Carrot Cake Bites
- Superfood Energy Bites
- Apple Pie No Bake Bites
- No Bake Peppermint Nutella Fudge Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Fudge
Pin for later!
5 Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup, honey or agave nectar
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor mix the oatmeal until it becomes close to a flour consistency.
- While that's working, add the peanut butter and honey in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 15 second increments until it's soft enough to mix together. Add the processed oatmeal to the honey and peanut butter mixture and mix well.
- Carefully spread the peanut butter mixture into the bottom of the pan and smooth into one consistent layer.
- In another microwave-safe dish add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave for 15 seconds until it is melted enough to mix together and spread. Pour the mixture over the top of the peanut butter and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- When you are ready to cut the bars allow them to warm up a few minutes out of the fridge so they will be easier to cut.
Something about 5 ingredient recipes just makes them so much better! I love how easy this recipe is and how delicious these bars are. Win-win!
I am such a fan of no bake anything and desserts in particular. These peanut butter bars look just incredible - will make them this weekend, I cannot wait. Kids will love them as they are huge peanut butter fans.
Gail Montero says
Who wants to turn on the oven when summer days are scorching? Love that I have these yummy treats for those days and it's a bonus that these are gluten-free!!!
Jacqui DeBono says
With two of us working from home and kids at home too, we are getting through snacks like never before! Anything that satisfies the afternoon craving for something sweet, and keeps the boys happy until dinner time and is super easy to make is an absolute winner in this house!
Sondra Barker says
Yum! I love that these bars are no bake and super easy and convenient to make!
I was just looking for a homemade snack bar recipe and this fell into my life! Thank God for small favors! They're exceptional.
Stine Mari says
I love this healthier twist on a peanut butter cup, and quite frankly - I think it looks even better!
Jere Cassidy says
What is not to like about this recipe; chocolate, peanut butter and no baking required?
FRED N says
Oh my these bars look so good! And I didn't realize they can be so easy to make. My wife is obsessed with peanut butter and would be so happy if I made them. Thanks for sharing Julie!
I have a recipe similar to this without the chocolate, but boy do I feel like I'm missing out without this chocolate on top! GREAT recipe!
Heather Hart says
No bake is speaking my language! Going to make these for my husband and kids!
Deborah Brooks says
ooh I may have to make these tomorrow. You know for my hubs and son ha ha. Peanut butter and chocolate is always good!
These no bake bars sound amazing! I think I'll add them to our snack plan this week.