Have you tried sweet hummus yet? My Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe will make you a believer!
To be completely honest with you, the first time I heard about dessert hummus I scoffed. Sweet hummus? I thought to myself... how could that be good? But because I believe in trying new things before I decide I don't like them, I gave it a shot.
BOY am I GLAD I did. Not only is dessert hummus a good idea... it's a GREAT idea.
Making savory hummus at home is a breeze, so I thought dessert hummus would probably be the same. So I decided to whip up my own version at home. Not only does it taste amazing, but it only takes 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make my Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe. Plus, this recipe tastes AH-mazing.
Here's why you'll love my Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe...
There are a lot of dessert hummus recipes out there. Mine though... has peanut butter.
Which basically means you should start and end here if you want to venture into sweet hummus land.
The base of the Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe is a simple can of chickpeas. If that sounds strange... it might be... but trust me, you can't taste them.
It's seasoned with cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, and just enough peanut butter to make our nut butter loving heart swoon. You could also easily sub your favorite nut butter in this recipe, especially if you have an allergy.
The hidden chickpeas make this a high protein dessert you can feel good about eating.
To enjoy my Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe I suggest getting dippers like fresh fruit, graham crackers or pretzels.
Strawberries taste so perfectly sweet in this and keep the entire recipe healthy and clean.
What's in My Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe...
- Cocoa Powder
- Peanut Butter
- Honey (use stevia or maple syrup if vegan)
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make My Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe...
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Put all ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth!
- That's IT!
I hope you enjoy this tasty chocolate dessert hummus recipe as much as I do. TRUST ME-- it's worth a try!
Other Healthy Desserts...
- Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries
- Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookies
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars
- Healthy & Vegan Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
Like my Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe? Pin for later!
Chocolate Dessert Hummus recipe
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoon water
- pinch salt
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix until smooth. Start with 1 tablespoon of water and add more if you need it to get a smooth consistency.
- Serve with fruit, graham crackers or pretzels. Store in the fridge.
Have you tried dessert hummus yet?