Looking for a healthier cookie? Try my Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe!
I’m such a sucker for holiday cookies. Give me an iced sugar cookie painted like Santa this time of year and I go weak in the knees. It’s a true weakness that I’m totally ok with. There is nothing wrong with full fat, deliciously rich treats, especially during the holidays. I do believe you can enjoy all the foods you enjoy in moderation.
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie
With that said, I’m also a fan of making over sweet treats into slightly healthier packages. I think we can enjoy both kinds of treats and feel good about it. So in a season of overindulgence, I thought I’d share a healthier twist on a peanut butter cookie! I mean who can resist a peanut butter cookie? My version of a Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is made with whole wheat flour, honey and comes together with ONLY SIX INGREDIENTS!
Why You’ll Love this Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe…
This Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe is so easy to make, they almost feel like a life hack. It uses ingredients I bet you already have in your pantry… whole wheat flour, honey, vanilla, baking soda, egg and of course peanut butter.
The rich peanut butter flavor shines through and is perfect for all the nut butter fans! You could even sub your favorite nut butter in the mix.
The cookie isn’t quite as sugary sweet as a traditional peanut butter cookie, but it is perfectly balanced and tasty. They honey matches perfectly with the peanut butter. You’ll seriously be surprised at how easy and delicious they are.
I also love this Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe because it makes just one dozen cookies. I feel like that’s just enough to have a few without keeping too many sweets in the house all week. If you want to make them for a crowd or cookie exchange though, it’s easy to double or triple the batch.
Give them a try and let me know what you think! Enjoy.
Like my Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe? Pin for later!
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together the peanut butter, egg, honey and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Add the baking soda and mix well. Fold into the flour.
- Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop, carefully portion the dough into 12 bites. Roll the bites into smooth balls. Flatten the balls to 1/4 inch thick. Use a fork to create the classic criss-cross pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then take off the cooking sheet.
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
I’m linking up my Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Cookie recipe with: Meatless Monday, Meatless Monday, Full Plate Thursday, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!