This Island Green Smoothie is made with a refreshing blend of tropical frozen fruit, spinach, and coconut milk. One sip and you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical island with palm trees swaying in the wind.
This is my favorite smoothie. I’ve been making it for years and years and it only gets better with time. The combination of sweet spinach pairs perfectly with mango and pineapple for a tropical flavor that will make you think you are sitting on an island.
My Island Green Smoothie is secretly healthy with a handful of fresh greens you will never taste. You don’t even taste the spinach… you just get all the nutrients and detox qualities of it! It’s vegan, dairy free and filled with vitamins for the greens and vegetables. It’s the perfect way to start the day whether you are sitting in the mountains or a gorgeous tropical island somewhere.
The Best Island Green Smoothie
I firmly believe that drinks (even sparkling water and smoothies) should be enjoyed with umbrellas whenever the blues hit. I also firmly believe that life is better on an island. This healthy tropical smoothie celebrates both of those things even from the comfort of home.
The simple fruity taste of my Island Green Smoothie will have you thinking tropical thoughts year-round. Honestly, it just makes even the cold weather a little bit better. It only takes a few minutes and a few ingredients to put this classic recipe together.
This smoothie is even a copycat version of the Tropical Island Cafe Detox Island Green Smoothie but without the added sugar. It’s healthier and even more delicious. If you want to make a healthy smoothie at home, start here.
What is in Island Green Tropical Smoothie?
- Frozen fruit (pineapples, mangoes, bananas): Frozen fruit guarantees your smoothie will have a nice thick icy texture without having to water it down with ice.
- Baby spinach: Spinach is rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Its neutral taste makes it the perfect addition to a smoothie!
- Coconut milk: Coconut milk is rich and creamy and it adds the perfect amount of coconut flavor to this tropical-inspired smoothie.
How to Make Island Green Tropical Smoothie…
- Add frozen fruit to blender.
- Add a handful of spinach and a splash of coconut milk.
- Blend until well combined.
Variations and Pro Tips
- If you want a banana free smoothie substitute extra mango, pineapple or even papaya.
- I list spinach in the ingredients but you can add any leafy greens to the mix. If you have kale use a little bit of both.
- I love using a good high speed blender to make my smoothies.
- Add some fresh ginger in this to give this smoothie more detox properties.
Are green smoothies healthy?
Whether you add nutrient-rich spinach, kale, or Swiss chard to your smoothie, smoothies are a great way to get a boost of vitamins and minerals.
Can I use almond milk in this smoothie?
I love the flavor that coconut milk adds to this smoothie, but you can certainly use almond milk or another dairy-free alternative.
Can you taste the spinach in this smoothie?
Nope! If you follow the recipe as I’ve written it, you won’t be able to taste the spinach. Spinach has a pretty neutral flavor, especially when combined with the fruit and coconut milk.
This Island Green Smoothie is the perfect combination of healthy greens and tropical mango and pineapple. It’s dreamy, creamy and my all-time favorite healthy smoothies. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes to Try:
- Fresh & Healthy Cranberry Smoothie
- Kale Pina Colada Smoothie
- Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- Pineapple Mint Smoothie
- Orange, Ginger & Turmeric Smoothie
Island Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1 packed cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Put the pineapple, mango, banana, spinach and coconut milk into a blender and blend until well combined.
- Serve immediately!
Pin for later!