This Healthy Cranberry Smoothie recipe is a vitamin and antioxidant powerhouse… perfect for the holiday season!
We’ve been on a bit of rollercoaster of getting sick since Labor Day. It got worse after the boy’s birthday when the entire family got hit with three bad illnesses in a row. I’ve heard this just happens when you have kids, but as someone who seems to get sick a little easier than most folks, I’ve been getting everything they get.
To fight back I’m trying to get some extra vitamins during this busy and germy season! Did you know that cranberries are not just pretty on the holiday table but also nutritional powerhouses… making them a perfect smoothie to boost your immune system! This Healthy Cranberry Smoothie recipe not only tastes good, but is also really good for you.
Cranberry Smoothie recipe
So what makes cranberries so special? They are a superfood fit to fight everything from colds to UTI’s! They are filled with vitamin C which is a powerful and natural antioxidant that can even boost the immune system.
This smoothie also has some good old fashioned orange juice for even more vitamin C power.
This holiday smoothie not only has all the perfect flavors of the season, but also the vitamins your body needs to fight back against all the colds this time of year. Food really can be medicine!
What in this Healthy Cranberry Smoothie recipe?
This healthy Cranberry Smoothie recipe is only five ingredients that are all easy to find!
- Fresh Cranberries
- Frozen Raspberries <— to balance out the tartness
- Frozen Banana <— makes it creamy!
- Greek Yogurt
If you are vegan you can either substitute vegan yogurt, dairy-free milk or even just omit the greek yogurt!
How to make this fresh smoothie recipe…
This smoothie is super easy to make!
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately!
I love getting a boost of vitamins naturally from food and this healthy Cranberry Smoothie recipe is one you have to try this holiday season.
Love smoothies? Also try these easy smoothie recipes…
- Healthy Peppermint Chocolate Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Pudding Smoothie
- The Best Green Detox Smoothie
- Kale Pina Colada Smoothie
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
Pin for later!
Fresh & Healthy Cranberry Smoothie recipe
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, or vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until smooth. If needed, add more orange juice to get the desired consistency. If vegan feel free to sub a vegan yogurt, coconut milk or just omit.