This Healthy Mango Smoothie recipe is perfectly tropical with mango, pineapple, and coconut milk making it vegan and dairy-free. This 4-ingredient smoothie is simply the best mango smoothie that's creamy, easy, and made in less than 5 minutes.
Healthy Mango Smoothie
Look no further for the perfect Healthy Mango Smoothie. This glass of deliciousness is literally a tropical dose of sunshine, even on the darkest of winter days. This smoothie is filled with vitamins for a healthy energy boost during any season.
My 4-Ingredient Mango Smoothie is basically sunshine in a cup! If you need a little pick me up... THIS IS IT.
Why You'll Love this Healthy Mango Smoothie...
Lots of smoothie recipes end up being way too complicated, but not this one. My Healthy Mango Smoothie goes back to the basics and lets a simple combination of fruit shine. I love that this recipe just happens to be naturally vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
Is a mango smoothie healthy?
Sometimes when you order a mango smoothie at a restaurant it can be up to 1000 calories and filled with who knows what! This Healthy Mango Smoothie made at home is the complete opposite. It's made with simple fruit and coconut milk... that's it! Mangos are actually a surprising food powerhouse filled with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber. They are tasty and crazy good for you.
This smoothie comes in just around 250 calories making it a lovely snack or light meal.
Ingredients in the Smoothie:
- Frozen Mango: The star ingredient of this smoothie is mango! I use frozen mango from the freezer section of the store.
- Frozen Pineapple: I love the combination of mango and pineapple for a tropical explosion of flavor in your mouth. Pineapple and other tropical fruits like papaya are fruits that mix well with mango.
- Frozen Banana: Frozen banana makes this smoothie extra creamy and delicious. If you don't like bananas just substitute more mango.
- Coconut Milk: To keep this recipe light and tropical I use the lower-calorie coconut milk found in the refrigerated section of the store near the almond milk. You can easily substitute any dairy or dairy-free milk of your choice in this Healthy Mango Smoothie. I don't make my smoothies with juice because the juice is often filled with lots of added sugars.
Should you use fresh or frozen mango?
My recipe calls for frozen mango BUT you can easily use fresh mango. If you do just use my mango cup trick to peel and chop the mango. I like using at least some frozen fruit in my smoothies so you can get the right texture without adding ice. If you go for fresh mango use frozen pineapple and banana. If you want all fresh fruit you will need to add some ice to the recipe.
How to Make a Healthy Mango Smoothie:
- Get out your blender. This one is my favorite! <---Amazon Affiliate Link
- Put the mango, pineapple, banana, and coconut milk in your blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add more coconut milk if you need to get the right consistency.
- Serve immediately and add a tropical umbrella for fun!
Variations & Additions
This Healthy Mango Smoothie recipe is great as written but here are some fun additions and changes.
- Add some greens like kale or spinach to boost the nutrients. You can't even really taste it and the nutrition boost you get is huge. This is also a great way to get another serving of vegetables into your diet.
- Add chia seeds for an extra protein and vitamin boost.
- Looking for a Mango Smoothie without Banana? Simply replace the banana with more mango or even greek yogurt.
- Looking for a Mango Protein Smoothie? Add one scoop of your favorite vanilla protein powder.
- Looking for a Vegan Mango Smoothie? You are in luck! This smoothie is vegan and dairy-free!
- Make this into a Mango Smoothie Bowl by adding a little less coconut milk to make it slightly thicker. Then put the mixture in a bowl and top with your favorite fruit and granola.
How do you make a creamy smoothie?
I think you get the creamiest smoothie by using frozen veggies and adding a banana to the mix. A frozen banana adds a lovely and creamy texture to any smoothie.
A good blender also helps!
I hope you enjoy this crazy simple Healthy Mango Smoothie recipe as much as I do. Even though it's winter, I'm always dreaming of summer and the tropics. If you need a little energy and a mood boost, this delightful healthy smoothie recipe is it.
More Healthy Smoothies to Love:
- Detox Green Smoothie
- Kale Pina Colada Smoothie
- Mango Orange Smoothie
- Pineapple Mint Smoothie
- Orange, Ginger, and Turmeric Smoothie
- Peaches and Cream Smoothie
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Leave a comment and a star rating ★ below. Make sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Healthy Mango Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix until smooth.
Pin for later!
Kari Heron says
Mango and coconut together in this smoothie is just absolutely perfect for a drink for my family in the Caribbean weather.
Ali Hanson says
This looks great! I might add some greek yogurt for a perfect breakfast.!
Amy Liu Dong says
Oh, I love this. It looks really delicious and refreshing. I will definitely try this, thank you!
Stine Mari says
Love the tropical combination going on here with mango, pineapple AND coconut. Absolutely so yummy!
Jere Cassidy says
I have everything to make this smoothie, yeah!!!! I can't say I have been eating properly since I am stuck in the house now. This smoothie looks like a dose of sunshine.
I had a mango waiting to be used and this was the perfect recipe for it. It was filling enough to replace my breakfast.
Lesli Schwartz says
Oh, yum! This is just what I need to bring me to the tropics! And mango is my hubby's fave so he will absolutely love this smoothie!
Erica Hopper says
Can't wait to try this awesome recipe! Sounds perfectly refreshing!
I'm thinking this Healthy Mango Smoothie recipe is just the thing I need to get me out of this dreary weather funk! This would be the best remedy!
This smoothie is delicious and I love that it's only 4 ingredients! It makes me feel like I'm on a tropical island. My daughter loves it too!
Deborah Brooks says
ooh that makes me think I am back in Aruba again! Looks super refreshing I always forget about frozen mango. Can't wait to give it a try