Juicy salmon is skewered and soaked in a rich Asian and Mussleman’s apple butter inspired marinade. The grilled salmon skewers are served with a spicy and bright yogurt dipping sauce.
*Keep reading for a giveaway!*
The hubs and I love to grill year-round. Even though it is fall, we still find ourselves creating recipes using the grill.
By “we” I actually mean I do all the indoor work, while he goes out in the cold and does the actual grill working.
The truth is in the details.
My husband will go to great lengths for really good food.
You don’t actually have to go out in the cold to make these salmon skewers though. They will cook perfectly either on an indoor griddle or an outdoor grill.
To make these sweet skewers, whisk up an Asian inspired marinade using Musselman’s Apple Butter as your secret ingredient. This marinade is low in fat and calories, thanks to the apple butter.
The salmon will need to soak in the Asian inspired goodness for at least thirty minutes.
Next stir together the simple three ingredient spicy yogurt sauce.
After at least thirty minutes in the fridge, the skewers come out of the marinade and go onto the grill.
After a just a few minutes of grilling on each side, you have a unique and delicious dish, pretty enough for guests but simple enough for a weekday meal.
The Musselman’s Apple Butter adds a rich fall flavor to your succulent salmon skewers.
The real truth is when the food looks this good, it really doesn’t take much effort to get my grill master outside, regardless of the season.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup [/fusion_builder_column]Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet cut in 1 inch cubes
- Garnish: sesame seeds sliced green onions
- For the Spicy Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon favorite Asian hot sauce ex: Sriracha
- Mix the soy sauce, Musselman's Apple Butter, ginger, garlic and honey in a bowl.
Put the salmon cubes in a large bag and pour the Asian apple butter glaze on top.
- Marinate in fridge for at least thirty minutes.
- Mix together the spicy yogurt dipping sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and Asian hot sauce. Put the yogurt sauce in the fridge so the flavors can combine.
- Once the fish is done marinating, thread the salmon onto the water soaked skewers.
- Grill skewers on indoor griddle or outdoor grill for 4-6 minutes each side over medium-high heat.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve with the spicy yogurt dipping sauce.
Now for the giveaway!
Musselman’s has generously offered to send one Running in a Skirt reader a fall prize pack. The prize includes a big jar of apple butter (to make my salmon skewers) and recipe cards.
To enter follow the prompts below. The contest will close midnight November 5th and I will announce the winner November 7th on Running in a Skirt. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
*Disclosure: Musselman’s Apple Butter sponsored this post and giveaway. As always, all opinions are my own*[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]