Looking for a recipe for shrimp burger? My version is delicious and topped with fresh Mango and Avocado Salsa.
This recipe for shrimp burger is a winner. It’s unique, healthy and super yummy. The Hubs and I will often make them together and we really look forward to Shrimp Burger night.
I mean look at that salsa topping. These are legit.
The recipe for shrimp burger is packed with juicy shrimp, crunchy veggies and tons of flavor. They are actually very healthy, but they taste so good you will think you are seriously splurging.
This recipe for shrimp burger is a little more labor intensive than some of my recipes. Let me give you a fair warning that these involve a good amount of ingredients and lots of chopping.
Grab a fruity cocktail, play your favorite tunes and chop away. They are soooo worth it.
Look at all the color and flavor!
The finished product can be grilled or cooked on the stove. Either way they taste amazing.
Serve them with my Mango and Avocado Salsa from Tuesday.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
Recipe for Shrimp Burger
This recipe was originally published in April of 2013. It got a makeover with new pictures, text and updated printable recipe in August 2016.
Just for fun I’m keeping around one of the old photos to show how the blog has grown over the years! This is the original photo. It’s not terrible, but what a difference a few years of learning makes. It’s also so tiny! I wish I had made my photos larger from the beginning – doh. I guess it’s all a learning a growing process!
Click ahead for that snazzy new, printable recipe. Just do it…. you WANT to make these.
Reciep for Shrimp Burgers with Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 cup whole wheat panko crumbs
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined medium size shrimp – thawed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons radish, diced
- 2 tablespoons celery, diced
- 1 tablespoons low fat mayo, I use olive oil based kind
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon old bay seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 recipe of Mango and Avocado Salsa
- Extras: buns, spinach/lettuce & cholula
- Take thawed shrimp and and put into food processor or small food chopper. Process shrimp until they are chopped but still have some larger shrimp pieces. Do not puree or mince too small. Make sure you will still know you are eating shrimp.
- Combine panko, shrimp, cilantro, chives, garlic, radish, celery, mayo, lemon juice, half of the old bay, salt & pepper in bowl. Mix well and combine.
- Form into 4 burgers and sprinkle with other half of the Old Bay.
- Grill burgers over medium heat. Grill each side 3-6 minutes a side or until the shrimp are all pink and opaque.
- Serve burgers with baby spinach/lettuce and a pile of chilled salsa on top! A dash of cholula also tastes great.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more shrimp recipes?
Try my Cajun Shrimp Burgers
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for Fashion Friday featuring a fun floral romper!
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Ever had a shrimp burger?