I can’t believe Memorial Day has come and gone. You know… that means summer is “unofficially” here. I like to think that summer begins at the “unofficial” start on Memorial Day weekend and ends on the “official” end in mid-September when the calendar technically says Fall. In my mind summer is longer that way. And I love summer… evenings that stay balmy through dusk, beach trips and fireflies… Awwww…. tis a great time of the year.
For me, Summer also means spending lots of time outside and having easy ways to eat healthy. It’s a time of year where we spend a lot of time with the family. That’s the perfect combination for bringing together your relatives for some good ole healthy livin’.
Think about it… Swimming, hiking, biking and after dinner strolls are all active and healthy ways to be together as a family. Grilling and a constant stream of fresh vegetables from the garden make eating well a snap in summer. You don’t have to run a marathon to stay fit, you just have to keep moving.
How do you stay active and healthy as a family?
Target C9 by Champion would like to help you stay well dressed while you are staying active this summer! They are giving one of YOU a free $25 giftcard to Target. All you have to do is leave a comment in the section below and tell me how your family stays active. It’s that easy!!! I will pick a reader at random Sunday June 9th and announce the winner on RunninginaSkirt on Monday June 10th. Please make sure to check back on the blog to see if you won.
*Please leave your full name and e-mail address in the comment section to qualify*
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target.
- Make an outdoor game a friendly competition- 100 yard dash anyone? T-ball in the yard?
- Plan something together other than eating out – Instead of using your weekly “date” time for a meal, plan an outdoor active activity like running a race.
- Do exercise video together- Wii dance anyone? My nephew is awesome at this.
- Grilling healthy food? Throw on as many veggies as meat – Summer is the perfect time to take the fat out of cooking
- Put on the music and just dance!!! – Have a dance party together. Everyone will probably laugh 100’s of calories off.
- Put down the phones and electronics – Have a “tech” free day where you focus on planning fun, active and healthy activities
Alright, your turn! Don’t forget to leave a comment in the comment section below and tell me how your family stays healthy and active! You have until a week from Sunday to enter.
*Target C9 by Champion sponsored this post, compensated me and provided the giveaway. However, all opinions and information in the post are my own.*
Content and/or other value provided by our partner, Target.[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]