Enjoy a last taste of summer with my Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe!
I have no Monday blues over here! Today is a fabulous day for me because it’s my birthday. It seems like the 365 days since I shared my Birthday Popcorn recipe last year for my B-day have gone by in a flash… yet everything has changed. This time last year I was pretty sure I’d never have kids and today I’m pregnant with twins. Life is crazy sometimes!
The Hubs and I are on our way to Niagra Falls tomorrow for one of two mini-babymoons we’re taking. On our way home, we’re stopping in Pittsburgh for our first baby shower with family. Lot’s to celebrate this year!
I’ve shared my true love of strawberries before (10 Must-Try Fresh & Juicy Strawberry Recipes) so for my birthday I decided to put together a recipe using one of my favorite ingredients– strawberries! The result is a delicious and super simple Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe. They are also almond-y with chopped almonds AND almond butter inside!
Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe
This Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe is perfect for back to school or just a healthy snack to have in the fridge when you are looking for a good for you sweet treat. They are thrown together in one bowl with only 6 ingredients.
These Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe are super soft, slightly crumbly and held together with almond butter and coconut oil! Since they don’t have eggs to hold them together they are delicate and have more of a soft granola taste but they are super tasty and made with food you can feel good eating.
The almond and strawberry flavors match perfectly and are make for a nutrition-packed snack. You even get a little bit of protein from the nutter butter and almonds!
AND I’m not sure how it could be, but If strawberries aren’t your jam you could even sub another fruit in the bar.
Make a batch of my Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe in honor of my birthday and let me know what you think! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffins
- Strawberry Salsa
- Strawberry Shortcake Overnight Oats
- Cannoli Stuffed Strawberries
Like my Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe? Pin for later!
6 Ingredient Oatmeal Fresh Strawberry Squares recipe
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cups strawberries, petite diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 8x8 baking dish.
- In a glass bowl, melt the coconut oil, peanut butter, and honey in the microwave in 15-second increments until smooth. Stir together well.
- All the oats, strawberry and almonds. Mix well.
- Put the oatmeal mixture in the baking dish and smooth the top. Press down very firmly with a spatula to help them stick together.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Allow the dish to cool completely then put the squares in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden. This step is critical and will help keep it together.
- Cut into squares and serve! Store in fridge.
What’s your favorite fruit?