My Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip is creamy, healthy, and delicious. This crazy simple greek yogurt dessert dip recipe is only three healthy ingredients but comes out super rich and chocolaty. If you are looking for the perfect Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip for kids, a party tray, or a dessert night, this is it!
Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip
Fruit is one of my favorite things to eat. I passed my love of it along to my twins and now I buy it by the bagful in my weekly grocery order. We can easily go through a bag of oranges, a bag of grapes, 5+ packages of berries, and a dozen bananas. I love that we all enjoy the fruit as is, but sometimes it's nice to have something EXTRA to go along with it. This Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip is just that!
This crazy simple recipe comes together with just three ingredients and makes a creamy but healthy dip for all of your favorite fruits. This dip feels indulgent but it's actually really good for you and is the perfect way to elevate a tray of fruit for everything from an afternoon snack to a weekend party tray.
Most fruit dips are made up of some combination of cream cheese and whipped cream, but my version comes together with creamy and healthy greek yogurt which makes this snack a snack you feel good eating.
Why You'll Love this Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip...
This Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip comes together in less than 10 minutes with three ingredients! The surprising combination of greek yogurt, cocoa powder, and mini chocolate chips makes a perfectly dunkable treat.
This is a great recipe for parents because it's simple enough to get even toddlers involved in making it. You can have them put the ingredients in a bowl and help stir it together. If they are able, you can even have them help you arrange the fruit on a platter for their snack. Hunter and Jackson made this with me and while our version didn't look quite as pretty as this picture, it still tasted pretty darn good. They totally gobbled it up too.
Beyond a kids snack though, this versatile recipe is also pretty darn fabulous for an adult party! Add this chocolate dip to your fruit tray and you'll have your guests swooning. They'll be shocked to learn that it's a healthy recipe.
Here's what you'll need to make the Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip:
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt: I've tested this recipe with plain and vanilla yogurt and I think it just works better with slightly sweet vanilla yogurt! Look for one that's lower in sugar to keep the recipe healthier. If you'd like to use plain yogurt I've included an alternative recipe in the notes.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is the perfect way to add lots of chocolate flavor to this chocolate greek yogurt dip. Use the same kind you buy for baking.
- Vanilla Extract: An extra splash of vanilla extract adds some richness to this dark chocolate dip.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: The mini dark chocolate chips are a bit of a bonus and optional, but they sure are good and super fun for the kids.
Dippers for Your Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip:
Non Fruit Dippers:
This is a fruit dip BUT there are a lot of fun non-fruit items that would delightful dipped into this dip. Here are a few healthier ideas:
- Graham Crackers
How to Make Fruit Dip with Greek Yogurt:
- Put your greek yogurt, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract in a bowl and mix them together.
- Put your chocolate fruit dip with greek yogurt in a serving bowl and top with a sprinkle of chocolate chips.
- Serve with your favorite fruit.
This simple recipe should take you less than 10 minutes to make!
Variations & FAQ
Can I Make this with Plain Greek Yogurt?
I make my version of this Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip with vanilla greek yogurt because I think it tastes better. However, if you are more of a fan of plain greek yogurt you can make the swap. The only trick is there is no sweetener in the plain yogurt so you will have to add some. I've tried making it with regular sugar, stevia, and honey. They all work but tweak the taste of the dip a bit! Pick your favorite and give it a try.
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Sweetener of choice: honey, stevia, sugar, etc,
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
More Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip FAQ
How long does fruit dip last?
This fruit dip will last up to five days in the fridge as long as your greek yogurt isn't past its exploration date.
How to store the chocolate fruit dip:
You store the chocolate greek yogurt fruit dip in the fridge in an airtight container.
Can I freeze this Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip?
Greek yogurt does technically freeze but I think it doesn't taste as good after being frozen. Because of that, I'd recommend eating this dip within five days of making it. I doubt it will last that long though!
Can I double this recipe?
This is a great recipe for a crowd as you can easily double or triple it depending on how much you need.
Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip is the Perfect Healthy Snack!
This Chocolate Greek Yogurt Fruit Dip is really the perfect healthy snack for kids and adults. It tastes like an indulgent treat but a single serving is less than 150 calories (even with the chocolate chips!) and you enjoy the entire recipe for only 300 calories.
Plus you have to love a recipe that's only 3 ingredients!
I love this healthy snack and I know you will too. As always, I'd love to hear what you think in the comments below.
More Greek Yogurt Dips to Love:
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Dip
- Healthy Everything But the Bagel Dip
- Greek Yogurt Lemon Garlic Whipped Feta Dip
- Greek Yogurt Guacamole
- Healthy Smoked Salmon Dip
Dark Chocolate Greek Yogurt Dip
- Put all the greek yogurt, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a bowl. Mix together well.
- Put the chocolate Greek yogurt dip in a bowl and sprinkle the top with the mini chocolate chips.
- Serve with your favorite fruit dippers like strawberries, apple, or pineapple.
Pin for later!