Looking for healthy Valentine's Day treats? Look no further than my Valentine's Day Truffles recipe made with the surprising combination of dates, cocoa powder, and your favorite nut butter like almond butter. These healthy Valentine's snacks are a Healthy Truffles recipe that's surprisingly sweet and chocolaty but without the big sugar crash.
Healthy Valentine's Day Treats
The older I get the more I really appreciate a Valentine's Day at Home. And with everything going on this year it seems like the perfect year for staying home for Valentine's Day. Even if we don't go out for the holiday, it is fun to still have some festive healthy Valentine's Day treats around the house and this Valentine's Day Healthy Truffles recipe is downright perfect for the occasion.
My Valentine's Day Truffles are so easy to make, taste incredible, and really are good for you. Plus they are only 4 ingredients making them a must-try healthy Valentine's Day snack.
Why You'll Love These Valentine's Day Truffles
These Valentine's Day Truffles taste rich, decadent, and chocolatey... you'll think they are pure chocolate.... but they are not!
You'd never guess they are made with four simple ingredients including a bunch of healthy dates. The combination of dates and cocoa powder make these indulgent looking truffles an actually Healthy Valentine's Day treat or snack.
YES! The base of these is kind of like a classic energy bite. I softened and blended dates then added enough cocoa powder to make them taste dreamy. I also added a touch of peanut butter and vanilla extract to round out the flavor. If your peanut butter is on the oily side they should form bites easily, but if not you may need to add just a touch of melted coconut oil.
Through the magic of dates... the result is a rich, sweet, chocolate-ly truffle-y bite of goodness.
To make these Valentine's Truffles festive I added some adorable sprinkles which are fun for adults and kids alike.
Ingredients in the Healthy Valentine's Day Treats:
- Dates: You can use any type of dates for these healthy Valentine's Day treats but Medjool dates are my favorite. They are softer and sweeter.
- Cocoa Powder: Classic cocoa powder gives these Valentine's Truffles that rich chocolate flavor without just using chocolate.
- Nut Butter: Nut butter adds some substance, creaminess, and richness to the truffle. You taste more chocolate than nut butter. Feel free to use your favorite including almond or peanut.
- Vanilla Extract: A touch of vanilla extract brings out all the flavors and gives these truffles a rich flavor.
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles: Use your favorite ones with hearts or in shades of red and pink. I love these on Amazon. (Amazon Affiliate Link)
You can leave them plain, or dress them up with sprinkles.
In my mind, you should always go with the sprinkles. 🙂
How to Make the Healthy Truffles:
- Cover the dates in water to soften them. If you are using Medjool dates you can skip this step. Drain the water.
- Put the dates, nut butter, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil in a food processor. This one is my favorite!
- Divide the mixture into 12 pieces and roll into a ball. Dip the bites in the sprinkles.
- Put on a tray and let the bites firm up in the fridge. Once firm you can transfer them to an airtight container.
These healthy truffles also make a great edible gift for anyone you care about. Package them up with a cute bow and it's a great gift.
These healthy treats for Valentine's Day store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
YES! This is REALLY a Healthy Valentine's Day Snack!
Since this healthy Valentine's Day Truffle recipe is naturally sweetened with dates instead of sugar you get a sustained energy boost instead of a sugar crash... making this a bite you can feel good about eating making it a healthy Valentine's Day Snack. They actually make you feel better instead of worse.
Make a batch now so you can feel Valentine's Day and share it with your family. I hope you enjoy this healthy truffle recipe! As always I'd love to hear what you think in the comments.
More Healthy Valentine's Day Ideas:
- Raspberry Greek Yogurt Bites
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- How to Celebrate Valentine's Day at Home & DIY Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Empowering Ways to Practice Self Love
5 Ingredient Valentine's Day Truffles
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup nut butter**
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon melted coconut oil**
- optional: sprinkles
- Cover the dates in water and soak for 20-30 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Put the dates, nut butter cocoa powder, vanilla extract and melted coconut oil in a food processor. Mix until smooth.
- Roll the mixture into 12 even bites. Dip in the sprinkles as desired.
Like my Valentine's Day Healthy Truffles recipe ? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.