Self love is something we often overlook but can make a profound difference in our lives. These 14 Ways to Practice Self Love will brighten even your darkest days.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
We live in a world that is fast-paced, exhausting and never seems to stop. We wear ourselves down. We make a list of things to do and then add more and more. We give and give until we forget how to be ourselves. Much of our time is spent sharing our love with others and giving away our time. Not to say that’s not a good thing, because it is, but sometimes we get lost. We have to charge our own batteries to be able to really give back to others.
Last year for Valentine’s Day I shared 14 Way to Spread the Love, so today I thought I’d bring it back around and give you permission to be selfish sometimes. Self-love isn’t narcissistic, but it gives you time to appreciate yourself and find joy internally, which is hard to come by sometimes. Self love can take a bad day and turn it around because you learn to appreciate and accept who you are and take time for your needs. Self love gives you permission to take time to work out, eat healthily, do things you find beautiful and be the best version of you. Self love is essential to my life and yours.
Of course, today is all about telling others how much you care about them, but after you’ve done that find time in the coming weeks to practice some self love too. These 14 Empowering Ways to Practice Self Love go back to the basics to make sure you are taking time for yourself. You’ll be surprised at how amazing it feels.
14 Empowering Ways to Practice Self Love
- Take a bath. (bonus- with bath salts or a bath bomb!)
- Donate 10 things you don’t need. (This one might seem like you are helping other people, but it actually helps you more to declutter your life.)
- Forgive someone or let something go that’s been causing you stress.
- Forgive yourself.
- Drink a green smoothie.
- Take yoga class.
- Find 10 things to be grateful for each day.
- Drink lots of water.
- Put your phone away and live in the moment. (even just for a few hours!)
- Treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure. (OR something that makes you equally as happy)
- Say NO to something that’s not bringing you joy. Say YES to something that does.
- Meditate for 5 minutes
- Really celebrate your wins.
- Be as kind to yourself as you are to your best friend. (This is HUGE!)
These might sound simple, but the power we give ourselves to truly be happy can be the greatest way to express self love.
Like this post? Share the self love by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board.
I hope y’all have a wonderful holiday! Come back tomorrow for workout and Friday I’ll share some weekly highlights.
How do you practice self love?