This Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe is your favorite new fast dinner idea!
We are back from Florida! I'm going to work on writing a few posts to share the photos with you soon, but before I left I got this yummy recipe for you guys to try.
I know I keep saying this but having a FAST dinner has taken on a whole new meaning since having the twins. It used to be no big deal to stand over the stove for 30 minutes to cook, but now the babies can destroy my living room in no less than 5 minutes. They are also still kind of cranky late in the day, so dinners that are fast and can be made with hands-free time in the oven are the ones I reach for these days.
This Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe is BOTH! It's fast, only gets one bowl dirty and is made in the oven so you don't have to fuss with anything on the stove. Basically making this the perfect dinner to add to your rotation in 2020... twins or not!
Why you'll love this Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe...
The coolest thing about this gnocchi recipe is you don't have the bowl the gnocchi! Just pick up one of those packages of gnocchi in the dried pasta aisle and it roasted perfectly on a sheet pan. No boiling or standing over the stove at all.
Roasted the gnocchi gives it a better flavor AND texture in my opinion. It's not quite as mushy! If you've been on the fence about gnocchi ROASTING it will push you to the potato dark side.
You could, of course, make this Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe by itself but I decided to pack the pan with a rainbow of gorgeous veggies to round out the meal.
You could pick your favorites but I did red cherry tomato, yellow bell pepper, green bell pepper, and purple onion. The combination is full of vitamins, color and super tasty. This entire dish is one that you can feel good eating.
To pump up the flavor I added a hearty dose of Italian seasoning and garlic salt! Any fresh herbs you have on hand will also work. So good, fuss-free and easy to make.
What in this healthy gnocchi recipe?
This recipe is so easy and only a handful of ingredients!
- Shelf-stable Gnocchi
- Fresh Veggies
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese <--- easy to leave off if you are vegan or dairy-free!
You can also add fresh basil at the end if you have it.
How to make my Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe...
This fuss-free recipe could not be easier to make!
- Toss the gnocchi, vegetables, olive oil and spices together.
- Line a sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup and toss your veggies on the pan.
- Roast until tender!
- Toss with parmesan cheese and fresh herbs.
- Serve and enjoy.
This sheet pan dinner takes simple and easy to a whole new level. If you need meals that are fast, healthy and fuss-free... look no further. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Love vegetarian dinners? Also, try these easy vegetarian dinner recipes...
- Vegetarian Sheet Pan Oven Fajitas
- Vegetarian Sheet Pan Low Carb Bell Pepper Nachos
- Vegetarian Taco Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Tahini Dressing
Pin for later!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe and Rainbow Veggies
- 1 16 ounce package of shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese *
- optional garnish: fresh Italian herbs
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a bowl, toss everything but the parmesan cheese together. Pour onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with a hearty sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese!
I am putting this on the menu for this week, it looks so good! I have never roasted gnocchi, but I bet it's fabulous!!!
Abby Langer says
So smart to put gnocci on a sheet! Making this for sure.
Lisa Ballantyne says
Looks delicious! And for someone like me who is a disaster in the kitchen, simplicity is key!
Deborah Brooks says
I never would have thought to make gnocchi this way! I love all of the colors in this dish
Maureen @ Maureen Gets Real says
I've heard of people air frying gnocchi but never roasting. Yum!