Break out the Crock Pot! Soup season is here and so is my Southwest Vegetarian White Bean Soup recipe.
Crock Pot season is here! It’s no surprise that I’m stoked to get out my favorite kitchen appliance for the new season. There is nothing like a pot of tasty soup simmering all day… just waiting for dinner time. If you feel like you can’t get dinner on the table when you get home, there really is no better solution.
Now as the good food blogger that I am, I got mine out a bit early to start creating some new slow cooker recipes for you for the season. I’ve made a lot of Crock Pot soups in my day, so I decided to get creative this year.
My first idea was a vegetarian twist on a Southwest Chicken Soup. I decided to use white beans instead of chicken and from there I created my Southwest Vegetarian White Bean Soup recipe.
It’s basically like a rich, vegetable soup but with super flavorful southwest seasoning instead of the more expected italian seasoning.
Here’s the secret… I put an entire cup of one of my favorite ingredients -salsa verde- in it! It gives the broth tons of flavor without alot of work.
It’s also packed with nourishing veggies like carrots, tomatoes, onions and celery. The white beans give you some protein and round out this complete meal soup.
For fun you can top it with fresh cilantro and lime wedges. I like the freshness that give the soup that’s been cooking all day. If you like it spicy you can also add some sliced jalapenos, but that’s up to you. This soup can really be as mild or spicy as you’d like depending on the amount of pepper you use and the type of salsa.
I thought I had a winner on my hand with my Southwest Vegetarian White Bean Soup, but I knew for sure when the Hubs started slurping his bowl. I dare say that’s #winningatlife, my friends.
So glad soup season is back and I hope you are too.
Crock Pot Southwest Vegetarian White Bean Soup
- 3 15.5 ounce cans White Beans, , rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ounce can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Small Onion, , chopped
- 1 cup Carrots, , halved and sliced
- 1 cup Celery, , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 32 ounces Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Chipotle Powder, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, , to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, , to taste
- 1 Lime
- 1 cup Salsa Verde
- Optional Garnish: cilantro, lime wedges and jalapenos
- Put the white beans, tomato, onion, carrots, celery, minced garlic, broth, cumin, oregano and optional chipotle powder in a crock pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Start with less and add more at the end if you need to.Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the vegetables are tender.Once cooked stir in the salsa verde and as much lime as you'd like! Serve with the cilantro and lime wedges as garnish. If you like spicy add jalapeno slices.
Like my Southwest Vegetarian White Bean Soup recipe? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing the last part of my Alaska trip — What to do and eat in and around Anchorage. It includes gold mining and a spectacular animal sanctuary.
Have you made your first soup of the season.