- 6 cups chex cereal (I used half honey nut & half rice)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup whole wheat cheerios (could also use honey nut)
- ½ cup unsalted raw almonds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- ⅓ cup powdered peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt (to taste, optional)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Put the chex cereal, pretzels, cheerios, almonds in a large Crock Pot.
- In a small bowl mix together the coconut oil, honey, powdered peanut butter and optional salt.
- Pour the coconut oil mixture over the cereal mixture and stir gently until well coated.
- Put the lid on but leave a small ¼ inch crack in the lid. This allows the moisture to escape and for it to turn crispy.
- Cook on low 3 hours. Stir after 1 hour, 2 hours and 2½ hours. Watch carefully to keep it from burning.
- Pour the mixture out on a baking sheet and allow it to cool. Once it's cool enough to not melt the chocolate, stir that in.
Like this recipe? Find it later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board!
Healthy Chex Mix? YES! Crock Pot Honey Nut & Dark Chocolate Chex Mix Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing the second half of my recent trip to Key West. On Thursday I’ll be sharing all of my Super Bowl friendly recipes from Running in a Skirt.
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Sarah and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and Rachel, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
What’s your favorite snack?
Salty or sweet?