Looking for a fast, portable and healthy snack? Try my Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine went by way too fast but I was able to get some rest and did some work around the house. I was supposed to do my maternity photoshoot but it was too cloudy and stormy so we decided to push it back a week. I'll keep you posted.
Since September is trucking along (How is it the 10th already??!!) and everyone's schedules are filling up fast, I thought it would be the perfect time to share a new portable oatmeal Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe I created in my little kitchen. These EASY to make oat bars are filled with nut butter, almonds, chocolate, AND coconut.
Here's why you'll love my Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe
To make my Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe you start by melting some coconut oil and nut butter in a bowl. You can use your favorite type but I tested with peanut butter.
Next, you mix in the goodies like the oats, chocolate chips, almonds, and coconut! I love how just a little coconut adds so much naturally sweet flavor. The bars bake in the oven for only 15 minutes. The hardest part is waiting to let them cool. After the pan cools you pop them in the fridge to allow them to continue to harden. Once hard you can cut them in bars or even squares depending on your mood.
This Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe don't have any added sugar other than a touch of honey and what's already in the chocolate chips... but they still have enough sweetness to satisfy that afternoon snack craving.
I adore this flavor combo but you could get creative and sub out dried fruit or different types of nuts. Any way you make it these are bound to be a family favorite.
I hope you enjoy this Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe as much as I do!
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bites
- Clean Eating Banna Bread Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Bars
Like my Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe? Pin for later!
Chocolate Chip and Coconut Clean Eating Oatmeal Bars recipe
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup coconut flakes, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- In a large glass bowl, melt the coconut oil, nut butter, and honey in the microwave in 15-second increments until smooth. Mix together.
- Carefully fold in the oats and chopped almonds. Allow the mixture to cool a bit. Reserve a very small amount of the coconut and chocolate chips to sprinkle on top. Stir the rest of the coconut and chocolate chips into the mixture.
- Put the oatmeal mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and coconut on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Transfer to fridge and allow to sit for 30 minutes to firm up. Cut the bars into 10 pieces and enjoy. Store in the fridge.
How was your weekend?