Happy Monday everyone!
Did everyone enter my big Pearl iZumi shoe giveaway Friday? You can win free running shoes in your choice of gender and color. I know I keep saying I’m really excited, but I AM JUST SO EXCITED! So make sure to enter before the contest closes Wednesday.
I found this quote the other day and I love it. It is my new motto in life and I feel like it totally encompasses what I am trying to do with my life and document on Running in a Skirt.
Do you have a favorite quote?
Day in the Life
I also realized the other day that I was loading up the blog with pretty pin-able images, workouts, running tips and fashion tips. While that is all super, I feel like I have also been glazing over the more personal side of the blog. At the end of the day my blog documents my life!
So for today’s post I thought I’d do a little old school blogging and document a random day in my life to give you all a little more insight into how I am currently living my life.
Wake up! I’m so glad that number is not 2:00 anymore. I’m actually getting real sleep these days. It feels so good!
Go and get the dogs. Due to my allergies the hubs and I had to kick them out of the bedroom a few years ago. They sleep in the basement now. Reina still hasn’t forgiven us.
Play with crazy pups and feed them. Make sure to give equal belly rubs to both dogs.
Worry more about Reina’s leg.
Feed myself and the hubby. I’m trying out this new cereal and the hubs is totally in love with Lucky Charms. Whatever makes ya happy, right?
Make myself an English Breakfast tea with stevia.
Walk outside and decide to run mid-morning because it feels chilly to me. I am such a baby about the cold in the early fall. It is the former Floridian in me. I’ll get used to 40 degrees in a few weeks.
Start working for the day. Check in on my giveaway, make sure it is running correctly and all my scheduled social media has blasted. Read other blogs, leave comments and check my own e-mails.
Then I get an annoying e-mail and decide I need to decompress! Time for a run.
Drive to a good running spot in town, lace up my shoes and run.
I run a little over three miles and feel great afterwards. Try to make a conscious effort not to let external factors like an e-mail ruin my mood.
Come home, stretch and do my planks. I end up with a boxer in my face and a dachshund licking my legs. Oh my dogs!
Take a shower and start working on next weeks posts.
Meet my friend Marilyn and her son William at Panera for lunch. I get a “You Pick Two” with a salad and a veggie sandwich.
Trick William into taking a cute picture for us 🙂
Everybody now… awwwww!
Start working again. Decide to make a list because I have a lot to get done in just a few hours.
Refill my water bottle. I drink a ton of water.
Send off my RunHaven article for next week. I’m excited to be working a couple weeks ahead for them so my article is about the end of daylight savings time.
Finish working for the day and change clothes for dinner.
My Hubby comes home and we quickly head back out for dinner. We have reservations for a local sushi restaurant and I’m super hungry. Before we go into the restaurant, my hubby takes pictures of my outfit for a future Fashion Friday post. After pictures we sit down for dinner and eat a ridiculous amount of sushi and love every minute of it.
And because Friday night always gets a dessert, we stop at Rita’s which is in the same shopping center as the sushi place. I freeze while eating a blendini.
After Rita’s we go home and watch Bobby Flay on TV. For about an hour with sit with the dogs and enjoy a little down time.
Finally go to bed after a great day.
So there you have it! A day in the “not so glamorous” life of a former TV news meteorologist turned blogger. I don’t eat out all of the time and often cook our meals at home. Friday night is more of an exception than a rule. When I eat at home I tend to add snacks like fruit to my mornings or afternoons. I try to eat healthy 80% of the time and splurge the other 20%.
My life right now has a lot of variability. It seems like every day I am doing something different for the blog. At least one day a week I am cooking and taking photographs for Running in a Skirt recipes. Other days I edit pictures or go to local meetings. Some days I drive up the Blue Ridge Parkway just for post inspiration. I have had a nice variety of projects so far.
I wish I had done a post like this about my old life, for comparison sake. Truthfully though, I did a lot of the same things, I just did them with complete exhaustion. There was also no flexibility in where I needed to be at certain times and I hardly ever had any down time. It has been a nice change of pace to have control of my life in that way again.
Tomorrow’s Running in a Skirt recipe is a super yummy but healthy twist on a favorite comfort food! See you then!