My Roasted Sweet Potato slices are a fun and unique way to serve this delicious and nutritious carb!
Good morning! I hope you all are having a fabulous week and are staying warm. My driveway is still a solid sheet of ice, but I know many of you have it so much worse so I will try not to complain 🙂
In blog news—-> Did everyone catch my big announcement Monday? I’m still pretty excited about the chance to help such a great group!
Today’s recipe starts with these beauties!
Who is on team sweet potato?
I, of course, enjoy my Mom’s brown sugar and butter laced casserole once a year at Thanksgiving but the sweet potato can be so much more.
Instead of just baking mine, I slice them in thick pieces and season them to perfection. I use the unexpected combination of thyme and nutmeg. Trust me on this one…
I put my roasted sweet potato slices in a hot stove and end up with a fancy looking side dish that is nothing short of perfection.
Roasted Sweet Potato Slices are quick enough for a weekday meal, but fancy enough to serve guests at a dinner party.
So yes, I’m on team sweet potato all the way!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven the 450 degrees.
- Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes well.
- Cut into half inch slices. You should have about 12 slices between the two potatoes, depending on the size you bought.
- Spread the slices out on a cookies sheet and brush both sides with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper evenly across both sides of the slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
Choose sweet potatoes that are uniform in size for the best slices. If you end up with more or less than 12 slices, adjust the seasonings accordingly.
I hope you enjoy these and I hope you have a great day.
Tomorrow I’ll be back with a fun floral print for Fashion Friday!
Do you eat sweet potatoes outside of Thanksgiving?