My Roasted Sweet Potato slices are a fun and unique way to serve this delicious and nutritious carb!
Good morning! I hope you all are having a fabulous week and are staying warm. My driveway is still a solid sheet of ice, but I know many of you have it so much worse so I will try not to complain 🙂
In blog news----> Did everyone catch my big announcement Monday? I'm still pretty excited about the chance to help such a great group!
Today's recipe starts with these beauties!
Who is on team sweet potato?
I, of course, enjoy my Mom’s brown sugar and butter laced casserole once a year at Thanksgiving but the sweet potato can be so much more.
Instead of just baking mine, I slice them in thick pieces and season them to perfection. I use the unexpected combination of thyme and nutmeg. Trust me on this one…
I put my roasted sweet potato slices in a hot stove and end up with a fancy looking side dish that is nothing short of perfection.
Roasted Sweet Potato Slices are quick enough for a weekday meal, but fancy enough to serve guests at a dinner party.
So yes, I’m on team sweet potato all the way!
Roasted Sweet Potato Slices
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven the 450 degrees.
- Spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes well.
- Cut into half inch slices. You should have about 12 slices between the two potatoes, depending on the size you bought.
- Spread the slices out on a cookies sheet and brush both sides with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper evenly across both sides of the slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
I hope you enjoy these and I hope you have a great day.
Tomorrow I'll be back with a fun floral print for Fashion Friday!
Do you eat sweet potatoes outside of Thanksgiving?