Move over McDonalds, my totally Healthy & Skinny Shamrock Shake will have you finding that pot of gold!
It's exactly two weeks until St. Patrick's day! To be entirely honest with you, this was kind of a non-holiday in my book until I married into an Irish family. Their love of all things green has inspired me to take a new look at the holiday. I've decided you can't go wrong with a day that encourages good food and a good party, even in the middle of the week!
Today I'm sharing the luck of the Irish, with a great festive dessert or snack to enjoy on St. Patrick's day--a completely healthy, guilt-free and skinny Shamrock Shake!
Guilt-free you say? Yup! This baby is made with bananas. It's even vegan (if made with coconut milk whipped cream!) Mixed with vanilla almond and just a touch of peppermint extract, the flavor is on point.
The topping is a touch of fresh whipped cream. The whipped cream on top makes for a pretty picture, but I like mixing it in with the chocolate chips to add that extra boost to the flavor.
It doesn't exactly taste like McDonalds, but considering how healthy it is, my Healthy Skinny Shamrock Shake is a total fair trade!
Healthy & Skinny Shamrock Shake
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1-4 drops peppermint extract ***
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup green spinach
- Toppings: whipped cream of your choice, mini dark chocolate chips
- Put the bananas, one drop of peppermint extract, almond milk and spinach in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and add another until it is minty enough for your taste.***
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate chips! Stir it all together to make it really creamy.
***Add the drops of peppermint one at a time because the potency of peppermint extract can vary from brand to brand!
Like it? Make sure to pin to Pinterest! I'd love shares to your St. Patrick's Day, smoothie, drinks or recipe boards! Thank you.
What do you do for St. Patrick's Day?