Sweet toasted coconut, rich dark chocolate and tart cherries come together for one fabulous cookie. My Toasted Coconut Cookies are nothing short of awesome.
I know, the title for this one is a mouth full. I grappled with calling them simply Toasted Coconut Cookies or Coconut Dark Chocolate cookies, but I just couldn’t stop myself there.
Toasted Coconut, Dark Chocolate AND Cherry Cookies.
You really couldn’t leave any of these out.
Now you may be wondering why I am tempting you with cookies on a “healthy” living blog. It is because I believe in living in moderation and enjoying the holidays. These cookies are a little healthier than most (Just a little- not going to lie here) because the sweet stuff has some redeaming qualities.
The dark chocolate is full of antioxidants.
The dried cherries are full of vitamin c.
And the coconut has some fiber… and some sugar too….
I feel like they are little better than a straight chocolate chip cookie and they are made with love and care at home. So you can control what goes in them.
Plus the cherries just scream festive to me!
You start by toasting the coconut.
You then mix the dry and wet ingredients separately before mixing them all in the blender.
Then you use a small ice cream scoop to make equal proportion bites.
Pop them in the oven and you have cookie magic!
These babies got two thumbs up from the hubs!
Toasted Coconut Cookies
- 3/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and toast coconut for 7 minutes. Watch carefully so it does not burn.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a stand mixer or separate bowl, beat the sugar and butter until creamed. Add the vanilla and egg and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into the stand mixer allowing the mixture to form the dough.
- Carefully fold in the toasted coconut, dark chocolate and cherries.
- Using a small ice cream scoop drop cookies on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just turning brown along the edges.
What are your favorite cookies? (Pick me! Pick me!- j/k)
Do you bake?