Pistachio Hummus is a healthy and delicious dip or sandwich spread!
Did you know that pistachios are one of the big food trends of 2015? Crazy huh? Those little green nuts are finally coming in handy.
Not only are they a big food trend, they are the star of this tasty Pistachio Hummus.
The finished product really lets green pistachios shine.
And just for your treasure box of foodie knowledge, pistachios are rich in protein and have heart healthy fats!
Making this dish is not only pretty and tasty but also good for you!
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup water or tahini
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor.
- If you are using a smaller chopper, start with the chick peas and oil. Next add the water/ tahini and pistachios. Finish with the garlic, lemon, salt, pepper and basil.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or pita. Also works as a sandwich spread.
Want more pistachio recipes? Try these!
Thanks for stopping by today. Tomorrow I’m sharing a workout that is perfect for this new season.
I’m sharing this recipe roundup for Foodie Friday, Meatless Monday with Tina and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie and the Weekend Potluck. Also Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen,FoodFriDIY, Delicious Dish Tuesday and What’s Cookin’ Wednesday. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
What is your favorite nut?
What is your favorite flavor of hummus?